A timely arrival

I mentioned the other day that I had ordered some Kilner bits and bobs including a Sloe Gin making set.  I thought it would be next week before I saw that but it has arrived this morning, which I am very chuffed about as it can now be used for making my sloe gin.  I have a nice large container for putting the sloes and the gin into.  I have two litres of gin to be used in this respect.  There is an angled funnel, and four bottles into which the Sloe Gin can be decanted into once the Sloes have been taken off the spirit.  The Sloes on this occasion will be used to make Sloe Gin Chocolate for eating at Christmas but I will keep the fruit in the freezer until I am ready to make the same.  I am not wasting the flavour.  I also have cherries soaking in brandy and I am going to do the same with them as well.

In the leaflet that accompanied the set there is also a recipe for Plum Brandy.  I will post that up later on.  However I have previously posted an article on Sloe Gin, and a couple of other derivatives here:

http://tarragonnthyme.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/blackberry-and-apple-or-sloe-or-damson.html





I also ordered a coffee grinder.  I therefore need to find myself some coffee beans.  Might mean another trip to Waitrose.  I also added to the order a decanting strainer funnel and also a jam jar funnel so that everything goes into the jars and not the floor.  So I am well pleased with the arrival of this particular package. 

I also did well yesterday in locating 6 x 1 litre Kilner jars at £1.50 each.  A local Department store had them on offer Beales (formerly the Co-op) in Peterborough.  I fell pretty lucky with that transaction as well as the jars are normally £3.50 each x 6 and I got all 6 of them for £9.


Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x




Comments

Popular Posts