Filbert Nuts

Are the green version of cob nuts/hazlenuts and like Green Walnuts they are delish.  They are always out  from the end of August and this time of year and I end up getting mine at Waitrose. 

The first time I had Filbert nuts was when my Dad went to a customer's place of business to do some repairs and they had a load of these nuts scattered on the floor.  In the end they gave him some and he brought a scuttle full home.  They were delish.  I seem to have a thing about nuts of all kinds.

If I was deeper into the countryside would be different I would probably be able to locate this seasonal treat locally but for the time being I have to rely on the supermarket for my annual fix this is the way that I have to do it for now.  I just love them raw.  However if you want to keep them you can roast them yourself and then keep in the freezer.

Here are instructions on how to do the same:




Do you have a must have seasonal treat and if so what is it and how do you enjoy it.

Love to hear from you.


Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. 'Filbert' is the name for the cultivated hazel, interchangeable with cob nuts. In the wild, they're hazelnuts. Both can be eaten green or brown.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts