Discharge

Good news for the time being.  I have been to see my Consultant Mr Kamarth today.  Last time I went he was worried that the plate was not behaving itself and there was talk about having it removed.  Also the healing process was not as advanced as it should have been.

After x-rays first thing he is now pretty happy with my foot.  The big toe is not as straight as it could have been (that is how it goes)but it is far straighter than it was and I do not have the discomfort that I did have.  However bearing in mind all my medical conditions which have had an impact I do not think he has done a bad job at all.  In fact I am extremely grateful.  I can walk around again pretty normally.  He said that he thought that give my foot another year and it will have healed permanently.  Once it settled the swelling on the joint should go down significantly which I was pleased to hear.  He said that the x-rays from today have shown significant healing and that he was now happy to discharge me.

I did ask about my other foot as primarily that was the one I had gone with and they ended up doing surgery on the other one as they said it was in a worse state.  I have to see how things go and if it starts kicking off like the other one did then I am to go back via the GP and get re-referred to him.  I also needed to check for work purposes as being part of a small knit team things have to be planned to some extent in advance and 12 weeks is a long time in the greater scheme of things.

So one very happy bunny here.  Another problem sorted so the check list can be marked as completed for this particular issue. Phew.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

  1. Thanks Linda I am very relieved xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really good news Tricia. I hope the other foot improves too - it sounds like it was bearing the brunt of its partner being in a worse state.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts