Good Morning

Sorry that I did not put in appearance last evening.  I had a rather lovely tea all ready when I got in.  I had asked that OH prepare a chilli and it was rather yummy.  Not that I eat a lot but it was just what I needed when I got in last night.  OH has taken the rest of it to work with him for his pack up.  That means at least that things are not being wasted which is good on the "Waste Not, Want Not" ethic.

Things were a bit hectic yesterday at work and I came home absolutely shattered, so much so that I was in bed by 8:15pm which is unheard of. Was out solid for over two-and-a-half hours and woke up with a dry throat so I had obviously been dead to the world and snoring my head off.  Read for an hour and then fell asleep again.  Whether it is me feeling my age or just reaction as a result of not having been 100% who knows but this morning I am feeling a bit more "with it" than I was.  So we shall see how I am by the time I get home this evening!

It was very cold at work yesterday as they do not have the heating on over the weekend and Monday mornings are bitter.  It was -2 degrees at 6:00am and it took most of the day to warm the office up. I am just hoping it is a but snugger this morning.

My friend was not in yesterday so I was able to achieve my "Things to do a day".  However in reality it may take a couple of days for the next stage.  So what, as long as I get everything sorted, planned and documented and organised at the end of the day will be half the battle.  This should then hold me in good stead for the coming days and I will have everything to hand for following next year.  So it is a big organisation being nibbled at in small segments.  Sorry if I repeat myself here.

As I am having to get up a bit earlier of a morning (essentially so that I do not fall back to sleep and not get up and go to work [which has been known]) I am going to try and use this time for writing on my blog - so in effect this is another "organising" thing which I hope to keep up with in the long run.  The organising is also part of me disciplining myself and not procrastinating which is something that I tend to do and then I put things off and off and then panic because I have too much to do.  I am trying to sort my little foibles a little bit.

As I am sat here I am drinking a cup of coffee it is pitch black outside and I for one am looking forward to the lighter days although Winter has its own charms and they are all to be celebrated in their own right.

I was very naughty yesterday; I nipped to Wilkinsons to get some plastic inserts but they did not have any (I think all school children had been in stocking up) and so I ended up going to a local stationers where they cost a lot more but I was determined that this was going to be ticked off my list. 

Whilst in Wilkinson's some wool spoke to me a kingfisher multi-coloured wool which is extremely thick and chunky and I thought it might do to run up a snuggly scarf.  Not sure whether going to crochet or knit.  Crochet is looking good at the moment but it very much depends how the wool works up. It is at a weight that I am not used to working with as well which tends to affect my tension both on knitting and on crochet.  So being very naughty I came home with eight balls at £2 a ball.  I may need to get some more.  It is a Yarnflair acrylic "wool".  I have found with Wilkinsons as well that they seem to have the same colours and brands in so that even though not necessarily the right batch numbers at least matches up.  It is not as if I am knitting a cardigan or jumper in this fashion wherein I would make sure that they were all the same batch and dye.

With me being off before Christmas, getting my dairy severely muddled up and double-booking myself my friends had left my Christmas pressies at work.  These were a nice surprise to find.  When I got in last evening I opened them and I had a few lovely things to add to the collection.

One of my friends had bought me a small Christmas scene light up picture.

Another one had bought me a Laura Ashley cup and saucer which was in effect a very large pin cushion; another had bought me a small Scottish brooch and another friend had bought me a little foodie gift set ""Borgo de Medici Essential Truffle Pantry".  It consists of "Black Truffle" flavoured dipping oil; Truffle Gourmet Glaze; Black Truffle Sauce and Black Truffle Sea Salt".

Funnily enough other half and I had been discussing Truffle before Christmas.  OH had thought that the Butchers were selling them which I thought was a little odd as I understood that Black Truffles cost a lot of money even though they are found in this country today.  When it came to it the Butchers were selling "Truffles" but the chocolate variety.  We then had a discussion about how they tasted because both of us had never tried and indeed I was not sure whether it would be something that we would like but at some point wanted to try it. 

I never said anything to my friend but it would seem that serendipity has intervened and we are going to indeed be able to experience this.  I will report back once we have done so.

Anyway enough of my ramblings need to get myself "organised" for work and another potentially long day.  It is always a shock to the system going back after having had time off but on a philosophical side it enables me to do the things I do for which I am grateful.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x
Another little bit of organising I need to do is organise a birthday card holder.  I have done this in the past but I intend to make myself a birthday calendar and then go and buy and write the cards up, pop them into the folder, mark them in my Filofax and then on to the computer.  I have set my calendar up on my computer so that it swears at me

Comments

Popular Posts