Warmer

....11 degrees and the sun is out the sky is blue and not grey  - what a difference a day makes and it has been like it for most of the day however the wind has been very rough so I have not been able to get into the garden.  So still on house duties.


Well that is how today started off.

I had a little trip out to Dunhelm.  I needed a couple of new throws for the front room as the ones there have gone a little thin and I like snuggly and I have managed to find two that will do nicely snuggle wise which are a coffee colour which is not really the colour I would have gone for but these were on offer and I did not really fancy mustard yellow which was the other option.  I like yellow but not scream in your face mustard yellow  Eoogh!  I also came away with some more plastic storage boxes predominantly for me to sort my crafting stuff into so that I can find it when I need it and then ultimately get it sorted to where I need it. I have recently acquired some more patchwork fabric and I need somewhere safe for it to be kept.  Plus I have wool, threads, tapisserie wool, all sorts of goodies, no end of beads for my beadwork, (I am no expert but I dabble) - I really do need to concentrate when I am doing that and OH is best out of the way.  Its a have the radio on in the background job and me being able to concentrate.


I have seen some very nice ideas for recycling an old wardrobe into a crafting centre - OH has said to go for it but I need to do some more tidying yet to get a piece of furniture where I want it and also to locate a suitable piece that can be adapted to what I would like.  It would be nice to have somewhere where it was all organised and easily located.  I spend too much time looking for stuff or if I find what I am after I cannot find one component that I need to do it.  Hence the plastic tubs in the first instance to sort everything into once done they can be recycled and used elsewhere.

One or two other things also found themselves into the basket including another seagrass basket to go with the other ones I have and some more mugs  - I managed to break a few this week which I was not harry chuffed with but that is how things tend to go.  The ones I have gone for today are coffee coloured with hares on the front.


Since being back I have had two demijohns in the oven after being washed out in steriliser and then being shoved in to kill off any nasties.  Then when they are cold it will be straight into the steriliser again and then I should be able to start a couple of demijohns of orange wine off  - did not get to last week things went slightly pique tongue!  But hey we are off at the starting line with the wine. The ginger was done the other week but this is the house wine the Orange the old faithful the one we rely on most of all. I also have all new bungs and air locks.  I "bung" them out every so often and (excuse the pun) in the interests of hygiene and safety.  Wilkinsons does a double pack of the airlocks for a couple of pounds and I buy the bungs separately as well.  


We have a bit of roast beef destined for tonight's Sunday dinner (well its not midday so its not lunch). Am very much looking forward to that and the bread and butter pudding. (we have since had and it was scrummy).

Monday night we are having the haddock perhaps with a poached egg each  - well for me in any event with my smoked haddock.  Its the only way to eat it with some nice bread and butter.  Egg goes particularly well with this even though it might not sound appetising it really is.  I have a raspberry and apple tart for pudding with some custard.

Tuesday night  - lamb cutlets with veggies and maybe some colcannon with Grapefruit shell meringue for pudding - something nice and light. 

Basically you cut the grapefruit in half, squeeze out the juice from each half and put into a separate jug then cut out all the membrane out of the grapefruit halves and discard.  Put on a plate and pop in the fridge whilst you prepare the rest of the pudding.  In a separate saucepan add the juice and a little water and a couple of sugar or sweetner to taste - so not very much but it depends very much on your own palate and make sure it is dissolved.  Some people prefer sweet others prefer tart. Withdraw from the heat and then add in a couple of teaspoons of arrowroot or cornflour which has been slaked (blended together with a little water until no lumps) put back on a gentle heat  until the juice mixture thickens.  Take off the heat and pour into the grapefruit shells.  Pop back in the fridge to cool down.

Take the whites of three eggs and whip them up with a handmixer until nice and stiff and then add a tablespoon of sugar to meringue and then whisk up again.  Bring the grapefruit shells with sauce out of the fridge and start to pile on the top of the meringue or if you want to be posh pipe it on.  Finish off by popping under the grill until the meringue starts to go a light brown.  Take out and pop back into the fridge.  Bring out of the fridge for pudding after a larger meal this is a nice and light pudding which is very easily made.



Wednesday night - cottage pie on its own.  Some more of the raspberry tart for afters with some cream.

Thursday night - Home made chicken stir fry.  Bit of fruit or yogurt for afters.

Friday night - bits and bobs night - whatever is going.


The stewing beef and some of the veggies have been put into the freezer.

I have a Hospital appointment on Tuesday with the foot Surgeon (do not know whether he will discharge me this time or not) - he has left it six months since the last appointment as he was not happy with the way the plate was behaving and wanted to see if it would settle down.  I have been able to weight bear better with it and its the best it has ever been.  I am still getting pain if I over do it but not as much as I was so we will just have to see how it goes.  I have to go in for x-rays prior to the appointment and indeed he does not see you until he has the up to date results on his desk which is no bad thing so he is dealing with things as is.

Now must get a wriggle on have to get ready for tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts