Friday night catch up

Well TGIF.  It has been a busy and long week and the issues this morning caused pandemonium.  As I had informed you Demetri was out and about.  He did not come in when I called and whilst looking out of the bedroom window I could see why.  He was doing a bit of wowing but there were five cats on his patch.  Not a happy bunny.  He just threatens them and they tend to do a bit of arguing but he always seems to get rid of them without there being a major bust up.  Such was the case this morning.  Time came to go to work so I just left him to it. 

At dinner I nipped into town for some bits and bobs.  I managed to get four rhubarb plants for the garden from Wilkos at £2 each.  The two varieties I bought this time are Victoria and Pink Raspberry.  I need to get them planted I am just hoping we have a little better weather than we have been having as I have been absolutely frozen.  I also bought some plastic topped corks for drinks or oil bottles, some more wool, two more packs of jam jars, some batteries,  six cereal bowls (in a dark navy and white) I already have two mugs and two bowls.  I will get a few more next time I go in.

I came home this evening and called and he came and sat on the wall which is his usual spot went in rattled the biscuit packet and he came in like a shot.  He is now in the warm (yes the boiler is working properly again) thank goodness.  I checked him out not a mark on him, nothing chunked out still a happy fella but guarding his territory.

I also went to the market at dinner and bought some fleece fabric with which to make inner door curtains for the back door and for the bathroom door. I just string them off a curtain/net wire. The loo is the furthest room in the downstairs lay out and it really does get cold.  It needs a little radiator in it really and that would sort out a lot of the problems.  However until they start sorting it will have to stay as it is.  So I thought I would put a curtain up in the doorway into the loo to try and keep some of the cold penetrating the house. The little room is one where you don't want to linger for long. The bathroom has a big radiator in it so that would be kept warm and I think the curtain will just keep things a little warmer and snugger. I have chosen a navy blue fleece for the bathroom.

I have also decided that I need another fleece door curtain for the back door one to run alongside the one I already have so that it can be washed regularly.  I have chosen brown fleece for the kitchen door.  It might keep the cats warmer as well.  So I have some sewing to do over the weekend to try and make sure this house is as warm as it can be.

I have also been on ebay and purchased some embroidered items in readiness for the scrap patchwork bedspread I intend to make myself one day.  I am still sourcing the embroidered items and it will be a little while yet before that is all together but every so often I add to the stash.

Right I had better get a wriggle on.  Cats need feeding and I need to snuggle down under the quilt.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. When it gets really really cold, we plug in a small oil-filled radiator and put it on low so that the kitchen stays warmer (that's where the cats sleep overnight). Perhaps something similar would work in the Smallest Room?

    It sounds like you have bought some nice new things. We are having a Frugal February (and Frugal 2018 by the look of things) as we have had to buy the new-to-us car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB

      You are not supposed to have anything that plugs in, in the bathroom because of water and electric. It would be a health and safety issue with the cables across the floor (although the cable is not very long on the two oil filled radiators I have). I also think that a small radiator in there would keep some of the condensation and mould at bay. It is an outside wall on one side and then we have the stone cold shed on the other. However a nice thought.

      I have stages of buying bits and bobs. I have a clear idea of what I have in mind with the vintage embroidery and what I would like to achieve with a lot of the things I have. Hopefully this summer when OH starts his fishing again I will get more time to play. Having him in the house at times is worse than having children without meaning to he gets in the way of me clearing stuff and wants this or that doing so it diverts me from what I have been trying to do or achieve. Much as I Love him I sometimes think it is easier dealing with children than it is him. Its like my pocket money which I save up and do not spend everytime so I put it towards things that give me pleasure. Things will sort themselves out in the long run. Catch up with you soon.

      Hugs and keep safe up on that mountain.

      Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts