Monday Potterings

After the early start this morning I ended up pottering here and there doing a little of this and a little of that before it was time to get ready to go into town to meet my mate.  We had a lovely crab pasta with side salad and a lovely cold drink each before it was time for my friend to scoot back to work.  

I ended up staying in town.  Since having surgery on my foot I have had trouble finding shoes that are comfortable and fit me without rubbing and so if I do come across any suitable footwear I tend to nab it there and then.  Since surgery my shoe size has gone up a good size and a half - the bunion joint that was operated on because of the plate-work is a lot deeper than the right foot and slowly the swelling is starting to come down, but very slowly.  Today I managed to find a pair of navy full shoes with white stitching and also a pair of Sandalls which are proper Sandalls and not a toe splint inbetween which are nice and low in Shoe Zone.  They were not terribly expensive but they will suit the brief.  I had seen several pairs of shoes in M & S but all were upwards of £45 onwards and when I tried them on far too tight even at a size 8 - some places don't do the larger sizes and that in turn limits your choice.  I have also ordered some Sandalls off the internet as well.  So I have had a bit of a session on shoes, will need to start resourcing shoes for winter as well soon.  

I have also bought some new pjs and a new shirt.  I had looked at some new jeans but the leg length prevented me from buying them and I don't want shorties.   They were far too short  at 27" I prefer 28 or 29.

So I have not done too badly considering I only went into town to meet my friend for lunch.

It did come overcast earlier on this afternoon and I hoped that we would get some rain.  The wind got up and was fresh but so far no rain.

Since coming home we have had a chicken roast with veggies for tea and it has gone down very nicely.  I had not particularly wanted to cook because of the heat but we both enjoyed it.

Right am off to watch a film.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Shoe-shopping can be so frustrating. I am lucky to be a standard size and found two pairs of new leather shoes/sandals at charity shops recently.

    You certainly packed a lot in to your lunch date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, since my operation I have had quite a lot of trouble in locating reasonably priced, comfortable shoes for different purposes so it has been very much a case of if I have spotted something buying it on the spot. I tend to plot and plan doing lots of things together so that I hopefully do not have to go into town too much and then I have allotted time to concentrate on other things at home without bitting and bobbing here there and everywhere. Catch you soon. Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts