Patchwork and House Insurance

It is funny how things strike you out of the blue and you end up having random thoughts whilst doing something completely separate.  This happened to me the other day. As I have mentioned before, I have had for quite some time and have been adding to a stack of shirts for having a go at a recycled quilt.  For many weeks due to time constraints those shirts have remained intact.  


A couple of weeks ago I managed to process a few shirts a day taking the most usable fabric and cutting it into pieces that can quickly be turned into patchwork pieces. 


I have an Accuquilt machine for cutting the pieces out and that is the next stage in the process.  I have moved things around in the house and currently cannot locate the Accuquilt machine itself but I have all the dies.  So it looks as if and when I locate it that there will be a mass  learning session of cutting blocks out of the fabric already prepared, plus more shirts to process inbetween times.  Predominantly I have gone for pinks, blues, lilacs, red, white, navy colourways, with the intention of doing a couple of quilts in the longer term.


The other day, I decided to buy a couple of more dies for the machine, I have been adding a few here and there and periodically I go on the Create and Craft website as I get a discount being a member on the items sold and it seems to work out best for the bigger pieces of equipment.  It suddenly struck me that I had not made a list of which dies I had (I did not want to duplicate any of the dies as they are quite expensive.  So I decided to and I have subsequently made a schedule of the dies I have  thus far as well so that I can keep tabs on things, for insurance purposes more than anything else.  That was the random thought - insurance.

I believe that our house insurance needs to be upped quite considerably as even just with these dies and the equipment I have about £1,000 worth of equipment for this alone.  I also have the Janome Sewing machine and the Janome Embroidery machine and a lot of other equipment as well.  So I need to update things.  It will be a slow process but I intend to create schedules on Excel spreadsheets which will also include any new items, any existing items and where possible the price paid for this so should they need replacing I have some idea of what is involved.  The Schedules will not be complicated, but simple. I had also thought that whilst I was sorting out the stuff I have that which I am going to keep will photograph, schedule and then will have an idea of what I have yet again for insurance purposes, but also by box number so that I can find stuff easily when I need it.  Well that's the plan in the long run.  

Just a thought have you got enough insurance for your crafting items let alone household items.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts