Lurgey

With the change in temperature over the past week muggins has ended up with a very bad cold.  Not good for this early in the season I hope it does not bode of things to come.  Am trying to keep myself warm and I think if the temperature dips anymore the heating will be going on for a little while each day.  I have had a little fatigue as well which does not help.

I have as a result not done much.  Did not get up early preferring to rest.  However since being up I have been doing further research for some future posts.  This research has led me to consider changing some of the ways I do things around here in the longer term but that will come out in due course once the idea has been fine tuned a bit.

I have bought and have prepared some rhubarb which is soaking overnight for bottling in syrup for winter crumbles, pies and fools.  Preparing this way has freed up space in the freezer for more meat items.

Right I have one more batch of stuff to do this evening and then I will have another early night.

Take care

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannie. Am a lot better than I was. Tricia x

      Delete
  2. Get well soon, and just REST. Putting up stuff will have to wait otherwise it will take you longer to get better. Settle down with a good book - I am sure - like me - you have a goodly pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, you know me I am as bad as you when it comes to resting. I have not read this week as have been too tired - tend to read for a little while before putting the light out. Yes I have a goodly pile in abeyance to read. Trouble is I am eying up a load more. I shall never go to heaven. Catch you soon and thanks for your good wishes. Tricia x

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful idea to prepare rhubarb for bottling for winter treats. You are being productive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terra, trying to make the best of what comes my way and by bottling it can stay on a shelf and frees up freezer space. I have Grapefruit and Orange slices also to do in syrup and some blueberries and some apples....I never thought canning was so addictive. Take care Tricia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts