Slow Cooker Spiced White Hot Chocolate

Now the colder evenings are coming upon us I have taken to having a nice hot drink between 8:00pm and 9:00pm.  Last night it was just plain Cadburys drinking chocolate in a mug with hot water and some lovely creamy milk, finished off with whipped cream and some soft miniature marshmallows.  Very naughty but I did so enjoy it.  It does us all good to enjoy a treat or two every now and then but during the colder months of the year in particular I love of an evening a nice hot drink of some sort of the other. It has become an autumn/fall custom for my little household. 

Indeed, I first bought a very small slow cooker solely for the purposes of making mulled wine for myself in the run up to Christmas and over Christmas as OH does not drink it, so I think in many respects I am carrying on the story with this drink.  


OH does not do spicing of any kind especially cinnamon.  Me I cannot get enough of the cinnamon.  I just love it.  So this evening's hot drink will be one of sheer decadence.  I love white hot chocolate it is an absolute favourite but I have never made this one before.  So if there is any left over it will be popped into the fridge and used up tomorrow evening.

Ingredients:

8oz good quality white chocolate

4 cups of half and half which is basically a mixture of half quantity double cream and half quantity whole milk so I am led to believe from friends in the States.

2 extra cups of whole milk

14oz can of sweetened condensed milk

7oz jar marshmallow cream

4 sticks of cinnamon

1 vanilla bean split and scraped or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom or 4 cardamom pods

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1 whole nutmeg

Method

Place all the ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on low for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours stirring occasionally.

Remove cinnamon sticks, pods and nutmeg before serving.

Serve with whipped cream and dust with cocoa or white chocolate.

Most of all enjoy.  If I get a chance I might even make some home made cookies to go with.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Wow, wow, wow!!! That sounds sooo delicious. I think I'd get diabetes from drinking it though, haha :D Please let us know how it turns out.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think that might be enough to last you a week! Mind you - white chocolate and cinnamon - yum yum 😋 x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts