The materials are starting

to arrive for some of the projects I have in mind to do over the next few weeks. Aided by a shop on the market today.

I have picked up some felt to make some gingerbread men decorations and I found some cheap cookie cutters to use as a template a set of three for 99p in three different sizes including Gingerbread lady and Gingerbread baby.

I also purchased two metres of hessian; together with two metres of muslin.  The muslin is required for Christmas pudding covers and other culinary craft items.  The hessian is going to be used in the autumnal leaf crafting I have started.  Hopefully there should be plenty left after the crafting is concluded to do some clippie rugs. That is for a far off project though.

The white felt has arrived for the White Poinsettia Christmas tree skirt and the White Poinsettia Christmas stocking. It was expensive approximately £20 for two metres.  However it is a thicker felt and a 60 inch width and has quite some substance to it so I do not begrudge paying that as it is a superb quality and should last.
  

Not sure whether I will get to that before Christmas or whether it will be for me to start over Christmas going into the New Year.  I intend for it to be a modern day heirloom and for there to be lots of bead embellishment on top.

I have ordered more leaves for the autumnal crafting of the dressers as after discovering my stash I was not convinced I had enough.  They will not go to waste though.

Today I have located two glass bowls which are to be decorated.  Not finalised how at the moment but may end up buying another couple so that I can actually create both schemes I like.  They are hand made bowls and I could not resist wetting my finger and rubbing it along the top of the bowl to make it sing.  It was a party trick that my Dad always used to do with the wine glasses on the table at Christmas dinner. One is painted the other is using the faux leaves and using them with the faux tea light or candle lights. So there is a lot going on with the plotting, the planning and the creation of said items.  However it is keeping me occupied, happy and content and giving me something to work at which is not relatively as time consuming as some of my other projects.  I am also hoping it will keep me sane whilst I endeavour to carry on with the house.  It is helping to keep me motivated!

Catch up soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I was given some brown felt last week, and thinking about gingerbread men - your post has reminded me that my daughter gave me a 3-size set of cookie cutters a a stockingfiller last Xmas! Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome Angela. You could use some fleece as well if not enough felt. Its the littley things that bring the most pleasure x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts