Things and Christmas crafting - White Poinsettia Christmas Stocking

I have been looking for, for absolutely ages are suddenly coming to light despite  previous hunts for them coming up with nothing.  Funny that when you are doing a tidy up.  


Last year I bought some threads and braids for Christmas decorations and when I wanted them could I find them.  Today they have been found together with all sorts of decorations, threads and kits. I had neatly put them all together in a box with like minded stuff and then had popped something completely different on top of them so that they could not be seen.   I am one of these people who puts things in a safe place and then cannot locate them when I need them.  


NOTE TO SELF must be better organised.


I have also come across a box of Christmas decorations, candles, lamps so they have been put out where I can find them.  I also came across some Bucilla Christmas felt kits that I had completely forgotten about.  I am going to revisit these in January as there is a lot of them they cost an arm and a leg and I think January will be a good place to start with working them.  There are decorations, stockings, a door draught excluder, a pack of handle decorations, tree skirts, table runners and door wreaths.

In reality I have not achieved much today.  I have gone through about 8 plastic chests and looked at the contents of those with a  view to marrying up like minded items together so that I can locate things a lot more easily.  This will be a work in progress (WIP) as I add bits and bobs as I find them.

Talking of Christmas decorations.  I was perusing Pinterest when I came across this lovely stocking tutorial and thought I might well give this a go at some point.  I thought I would share as it is quite lovely and it may be something that you may like to make yourselves.



This is a pure white felt stocking with Poinsettia flowers and beadwork.  The original link is here:

Felt Poinsettia Stocking

by Yvonne Pratt of Stone Gable.

The designer used a free template of Amy Butler to make the Christmas stocking and the link for that is here:


Now to get some white felt. I have plenty of beads.

It is very similar to the kit that I worked last year for the grey felt stocking with poinsettia decoration and beadwork.


Right am off to browse.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Having labels of contents on the front of the boxes helps too Tricia. I am also one for losing things because I put them in a "safe place"!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts