Baby its cold outside

However it is for the best part nice and warm here depends which room you go into.  However its perishing out.  Do not have the heating on either.  Had it on first thing for a couple of hours and it seemed to warm the whole of the house up a state of play which it seems to have maintained since then.  I may have to pop it on for a little while in  a little bit as the kitchen bathroom and loo are a little chilly.  I am hoping to get cracking with the door curtains in an attempt to try and keep that part of the house a little warmer in the next few days but the kitchen needs to be completely cleared by then and also all the decorating out of the way.  

I have had a heck of a sort out in the kitchen.  All the cupboards have been cleared out and decluttered, every item hand washed and dried and I have sorted out the basic stuff I need out on a day by day basis and the fancier stuff has been sorted and popped into a storage box(es).  I felt that this was about the only sensible way I could deal with things at this house, especially with so tiny a kitchen and being able to find things easily.

Despite never having done any filling work on walls etc the walls in the loo have come up pretty well and after sanding down have come up pretty even which I am pleased about as the walls are just going to be painted (I am not doing a fancy finish here - I want a new bathroom suite first before going to those lengths but I wanted it to look clean and tidy).  Well that is after I have popped a damp sealant on the walls to help give a little protection.  I might get to that tomorrow if it is a reasonable day as I will need to have the window open and need to be able to shut the cats out of the way.

I have also partly filled some of the walls in the kitchen.  They need rubbing down but I do need to work my way round the room a bit more doing this before then getting the damp sealant on the other walls as well.  Yet again going for a plain simple finish to tidy up and make it look clean.  I need a new window in the kitchen and a new back door and step so am not too happy on spending too much on the decorating at present.

Once the Loo, Bathroom and then Kitchen are all sorted I am going to set too on the dining room.  First I have to strip all of the wallpaper out and off the walls then get rid of the rubbish and then do all the prep and filling work in there including the painting. Then I will get stuck in and learn how to decorate.  It is going to be a steep learning curve with wallpaper.  


I have the wallpaper already.  It is the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady Poppy Design.  It should go well with my pine dressers.  My dressers, table and chairs are also going to be revamped as over the years they have got a little battered and knocked so they are going to be shown a little tlc as well.  That will be a little time consuming but should be doable.

There is also under the stairs cupboard to sort out with filler and paint and damp seal as well as the cupboards to the side of the fire hearth.  Both of these will be painted out once all the prep work has been done and then she shelves covered with some cheap vinyl tablecloths I picked up for next to nothing to tidy things up and cheer things up a bit.  Fortunately I have most things in and to hand after months of buying a bit of this here and there it is now all ready to play with.  I do have a long list of things for the Landlord to do though.  We will see if they do any of them this time.

The biggest room will be the dining room on this little stint but it will be well worth it.  Then it is on to the lounge which will also be a big job as the room is slightly larger and yet again will need stripping of wallpaper and then re-papering.  I need to buy the wallpaper for in there though, but most other things I already have to hand.

I have had not too bad a day today, although I have been a little fatigued and also in pain due to the cold but that is par for the course.  I met up with a good friend for lunch and we put the world to rights as usual and then I had a wander into town and had a look around  - I did not buy anything sometimes it is like that.

I did not want much for tea tonight.  OH had some chicken but sometimes I am just happy with a simple bowl of soup - not homemade just some tomato soup out of a tin with some bread and butter.  It went down very well and I am content.  Am just off to make a cup of tea before I start looking for those button tins.

Right had better get a wriggle on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Patty Pan, from your photo I think I would enjoy sitting down and having a chat with you, I think it's a nice photo. I like that wall paper idea. You are getting a lot of house projects done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terra, I am very good at leading people astray and buying things that they did not think that they would like! I am a bit dotty at times. I have had the wallpaper a little time I found it on Ebay as it has not been produced here for many years. But I like it. Now to learn how to wallpaper. I need to get the house projects done as we have not decorated for quite some time and I want to be able to work from home which involves having clients come to the house. I also have cats and a dog so I have to make the area I am going to use person friendly as some people are allergic. It is taking some time though. Take care Pattypanx

      Delete
  2. Hope you are getting better. I had the poppy wallpaper in a previous house and I simply loved it. Your Landlord is very lucky you look after the house so well. Stay well and warm xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough Jennie, I had it to decorate my kitchen when I was married. It got left at the house and it was something I had been looking to do again so+- I researched Ebay and managed to find some - not cheap but at least it will look nice hopefully when I have finished (I need to learn how to wallpaper first). You look after yourself too. Tricia x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the good and very helpful information. It is very interesting. I love all the things you share and see your beautiful creation.
    คาสิโน

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts