Evening

Tea is or was cooking nicely when I came upstairs five minutes ago.  As usual, when we have a Sunday lunch I cook for two meals, so I prepare all the veggies, trimmings etc. for that particular meal for two days and means we get a quick tea on a Monday evening as a result. without loads of cooking taking place.

This evening we are having Roast pork, with roast onion, parsnip, roast potato.  We also have mashed potato, shredded buttered cabbage, carrots and peas together with Yorkshire Pudding on the side.  I am also making an apple sauce out of some of the crab apples to finish the meal off.  It looks tasty, my tumblie is a grumbling and I am looking forward to it.


I have a bread loaf to make later on in the bread machine for me to have some home made soup for lunch tomorrow.  There is a veggie stock brewing on the cooker at the moment as well.  So all in hand.  I am going to try and get back into the swing of making bread every day or every other day and I am going to play with the recipes a bit trying different ones with different things.  I have in mind to make a fruit loaf that can be toasted as well.  I would also like to do a bit of baking this week as well.  Its a while since I have done that as well.  Just some simple things like scones to have with some of my home made jam and cream, some butterfly cakes, some coconut cheesecakes, apple pies, that sort of thing and maybe a Victoria sponge.  Just something to pad the rest of the meals out with.  Well that's the plan but we will have to see whether I get time to bring them into reality.

Oohps got side tracked.  Should have posted this before now.

Tea went down very nicely thank you and I don't have too much to do in that respect tomorrow night which is a blessing.  That's why I have taken to doing this on a regular basis.  

Just now going to put my feet up for a little while and chill.

Catch you soon. 

Pattypan

x




Comments

Popular Posts