Floods of tears and a Scrappy Bag

It is funny just what can set you off into floods of tears.  Mine has been sorting out a bag of mis-matched items within  which I found a couple of birthday cards from my mum.  The tears came from out of nowhere and I am okay.  Its been a while since that happened but they gave me some relief.  The love I felt coming from that card was what I needed today. Thank you Mum.  I know that you are still around.

Things work in mysterious ways.




Within said bag were a multitude of items including some Christmas cut out Christmas decorations, some stamps that I have been looking for, for the use in making Christmas cards, a stash of green felt a pack of mixed felt, three different sizes and shapes of purse fittings (metal), ribbon, two beading kits, some Christmas printed ribbons, a tin of spray paint (gold), some dolls house fittings, bath and sink, a quilting magazine. I was actually looking for needles which I could not find.  Have a whole stash of them somewhere.  One day I will get organised.  Well I can hope but I fear I am past redemption.

Anything recently caught you and brought you to tears.

However I was happy to find my crafting items they are now ensconced with the rest of similar bits into a small tall boy I have for crafting.  Would really love one of those crafting wardrobes.  That will not be this Christmas though.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hugs. It will be four years next February that my mother died and it is only this year that I have been able to cry. Tears are a good thing, especially when you are on your own . Those of us who remember our mothers with both affection and loving memories are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you too. I nursed mum in Hospital for the last two weeks of her life. My brother was in denial that we were losing her hampered by the fact that mum put on a good show when he did visit. I just took the opportunity to care for her as best as I could and to make sure that she was not on her own. It took sometime for the real tears to come for me too as I was so busy looking after everyone else. The trouble is they teach us so well how to love them but not how to let go. That is the painful part. When you think will just tell mum this and then realise you cannot. Because I feel her around me all the time still and talk to her and my Dad they are not quite gone. Its just the cards with the words came out of the blue yesterday and reduced me The hospital were very good with me about my mum. A lot of the nurses were pleased that I took the time to be with her. They said that distressingly a lot of people could not be bothered. My view is that they look after and nurture us when we need it most and therefore you return the compliment when they need the same help. We have a rule in our family that goes back down the generations. Basically that one of the senior females will stand up and look after and love a senior member of the family when they need it most. My female cousins are all of a like mind on this one and all of us have done our fair share of caring. We stand up to the mark through love and respect because that is who we are. We must have lost our blessed mums just short of each other as it is about 3 1/2 years since my mum passed. Take care Sarah your words as usual are full of care and wisdom. Hugs Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts