Walking Missy

I love walking the dog just me and her.  She wanders where she wants within reason  or goes scooting after the poor rabbits.  She never catches them but just enjoys the chase.  I  keep tabs on her though calling her back every so often.  This is a time when my mind can wander and I can think issues through.  Not only that it is good physical exercise and good for the circulation.  Never mind that it has been drizzling on and off all day and is very damp.

We have had a really good walk.  We went further than we do when OH is around.  I went to see if there are still the sloes around and the crab apples, rosehips and haws.  There are plenty of all of them.  So if fine on Saturday morning I am going foraging with Missy again to add some more bits to the pantry more probably for present giving than anything else.  The photo below is a close up of one of several large bushes of sloes.  They all have a lot of sloes on them so some sloe gin and also jellies are on the cards.  As I have said before you have to make the best of what is available to you.  The sloes are large a lot bigger than they were last year so I intend to freeze some down just in case the harvest next year is not as forthcoming.  Sometimes that is what happens and after the weather this year I am merely taking precautions as I like Sloe Gin.  Hic!



I then intend to set too on Saturday afternoon/evening and do some more preserving or at least start it.  

Missy and I are now in for the evening after a good hour's walk.  As it was raining I made her wear her waterproof overcoat to keep her relatively dry.  OH has mentioned that when he makes her wear it she is not terribly chuffed.  However with me she trots along very lady like not bothered at all.  I think the real issue is that he does not believe in her really wearing a coat.  She is an old lady now in dog years and she feels the cold so for me to take her out of a warm house, where more times than not she is under a blanket out into the cold is a bit of a shock so I make sure that she wears a coat of some sort.  

OH is working overtime again this evening but at least she has had a good walk.

Right I am off to potter in the dining room.  More things to do and sort out.

Hope you have a good evening.

Take care

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts