A New Tradition for next Year "Twas the Night before Christmas" Treat Boxes

I am quite taken with the thought of doing up some "Twas the Night Before Christmas" treat boxes for next year for both my step-children and their families although they might get a mini version which may have a Family DVD in and some goodies on the sweetie front for this year if I can orchestrate it in time.  For next year though I quite liked the idea of making PJs for everyone.  I already have a pattern for the gentleman but need to sort out a nice one for the ladies and the grand littlies.

When my children were littlies I used to make dresses and trousers for Ruth and shorts and like Tracky bottoms for Paul - playing clothes really with some nice going out stuff on top and the Grandma's used to help out on the knitting front.  I am not so hot on the knitting but it is on the list to get my head around as it will keep my hands going and not only that will make me much needed jumpers etc.  I am a real jumper girl and like to snuggle. (Pam I might scream for assistance somewhere down the line if you do not mind as I really am a numpty when it comes to knitting!).

I had thought instead of cardboard boxes that I would get some wooden crates and send one to each family with the PJs in and then any other treats like a giant hamper.  You can pick them up reasonably cheaply on Ebay and then you can paint them up.  Then each family has their own return box for each year.  Its just an idea that is rambling round in my mind at the moment.  New PJs for Christmas Eve were always part of the tradition when we were growing up.

The family is very much a blended family on at least a couple of generations which makes life interesting at times.  Ruth has four children under her roof one of whom is her step-daughter the other three are hers. The ages range from 18 years to two years so she does have her hands full.

Being a step-parent is never easy at the best of times as you are always in the wrong somewhere down the line (if not with the child with their parent).  Sometimes I had to square the adults up for not being adults - it was needed as it was giving mixed messages to the children and their parameters and confusing them as it was okay with one adult to do this and not with the other.  So in effect I waded in where Angels really do fear to tread.  But you get there eventually. My interest at the end of the day was making sure that they were well cared for and safe.

So if I can I will do up a treat box this year with a proper job next.  Do any of you do such a thing for your children and their families.

Been a bit of a busy day here and the Fondant recipe will follow tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. My little treat boxes for my offspring are just ones with edible bits in.

    I don't wear pj's and I don't think any of them do (though Gabby might) so new pj's has never been something that was part of our Christmas ritual.

    Books figure a bit more heavily in our Christmas must haves!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts