Delivery to the Charity Shop and crafty rediscoveries

After shuffling things around last night, I have now been round to the Charity shop to take two big bin liners of items round to them most of which are clothes.  So far have only been able to have a partial thin out on that score but at least it is a very good start.   There were some other household bits that went around as well such as an old yogurt maker and a couple of pictures I do not want.

I have also located the big bag of shirts that I had stripped down for a recycled patchwork quilt, plus a few more shirts for stripping down. And now I have found my Accuquilt, I now have some movement on that front too.  There are various colourways that I am collecting with the fabrics.  However recycling a shirt in this way means fabric for other little projects if not for a quilt which is also going to come in very handy with my test makes on my new machines.




There is lots of material in those shirts and I quite like these red and pink checks they are sort of talking about a quilt for next year.  I shall strip these down over the holiday period, iron them and bag them up to keep them clean.

I also have two plastic sets of drawers that will be stacked one on top of the other.  I am hoping to get them into the craft room over the holiday as well as they hold all my cutting dies for my Big shot and embossing folders.  On top of that I also have a lot of ink stamps of different designs.  I want to play more with the paper and card projects a bit in this coming year as well.  

For Christmas next year I want to get a head start with what I have and also by putting in hand new strategies where I can for the house, different events, etc.  I am particularly talking about squirrelling away the necessary funds to be available for when I need them and that will take a little planning.  I am speaking at the moment about being able to take advantage of fruit crops like cherries and plums and being able to squirrel away those fruits in different types of preserves and being able to go out and buy said fruit when in season.  I  probably do better than most on this score but it can be a lot better than it is already.  Needs to be streamlined so that I do not have any unnecessary worries.  The same really goes for the crafting bets as well.

I also want to set up  a couple of other little businesses in the long run so I need to do some research in that respect.  So even though Christmas is not happening as planned we will still have a Christmas of sorts but better planned and more use made of the time available during the year and doing things a little at a time.  I also want to make home made presents where possible.  I am going to unleash that on the family for next year as I have thought of a way to keep my daughter and daughter-in-law involved and interested in making their own special Christmases for the future.  My stepdaughter has four children under her roof and I believe my stepson and his wife would also like some littlies of their own.  This also feeds in on one of my business ideas which I will not go into as yet but it does have a practical angle as well.  Its about dealing with things and instead of me procrastinating and leaving things to build up like Topsy and then panicking I need to be more efficient in making decisions and acting on them.  So in a roundabout way it is another learning curve for me but I want it to be positive not negative.  I am starting to feel a lot better than what I have done of late and a little bit more optimistic.

For me Christmas is about family and letting the inner child out but every child should have special Christmases.  It gives them inspiration and imagination to go forward and create things in their futures.  Happiness gives them wings that makes them fly and we all want our children to fly don't we.

Take care and catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




Comments

Popular Posts