Ebay Learning Curve next stage

Well that's another smaller step on the Ebay learning curve I have encountered today. As I have explained before I am a very good Buyer but recently am dipping the toe in the water on the dark side into selling.  I suppose for me it is the best way to learn both by doing things and making mistakes along the way so that ultimately I will be able to organise and streamline things.  I am selling off items that I have had for a long while and no longer have any space for but such is life.  Perhaps I might be able to replace the odd one or two in the future but then again not.  Somewhere along the line I have got to wear my practical hat!

What I had not appreciated is that Ebay (particularly if you are a new Seller and not registering on the scale can stop any payments through the Paypal account until the item has been delivered and the customer is happy.  Apparently this is a random act sometimes it happens straight away another time a little way in.  It is just the luck of the draw and part of eBay's way of ensuring that the Sellers follow their code of practice which is no bad thing in the bigger scheme of things.  Once the item is received the Paypal payment can then be cleared.

In the end I rang Ebay Concierge for assistance.  I had not got my head around the printing off the label thingy and invoice (well had only had in effect one sale [two items] but to the same customer).  They explained to me what to do - very nice chap and I had assumed that once the labels and everything was done then I would just be able to take it to my local Post Office which is approximately 100 yards or just over from the house.  However apparently I cannot.  It has to go to the main sorting delivery depot in town which I will need OH to run me too.  I can see the sense of using their system as it registers it on the computer once the labels are sorted as dispatched.  However a little frustrating when my Post Office is so near home!  It will be ideal if I have lots of parcels to deal with though.

Oh well.  I have asked OH to take me up when he comes home so that I can get this kit off speedily to the Buyer.

Hopefully when my head is around the whole process things can be speeded up a bit but at the moment I feel like a nipper in kindergarten!

Today has been one of those days it has just not gone to play so far and I have not managed to get what I had hoped to get done done.  So I will have to set too later on.

Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Well done. It's been a while since I sold anything on Ebay but I used to use My Hermes for some (heavier) things and for overseas post, that went straight to Ebay HQ for onward transmission. Not sure why you have to take things to the main PO now but you have had it explained to you by Them, so it must be right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, the chap at Ebay did not tell me had to go to main Post Office - the chap at my local Post Office did. Apparently it is bar coded as a drop point and only the designated drop points can be used for this purpose! I am going to look into other ways of delivering as well as I am at the moment worried I am not going to be putting the right amount of postage on and I do not want a shortfall or any complaints. I know you always get them but I am trying to limit these as best as I can. I am not a fan of Hermes. They have in the past chucked things over the gate ending up with broken items being received or made out that they have visited on a particular day when I have been in the house and nothing has been delivered. I am staying away from overseas post at the moment just until I get used to what I am doing. I am intent on decluttering and want to see how things go with this first like a test project but I do have some other ideas for some other little sidelines for the future. Decluttering first though as that is screaming the loudest and which is the most urgent. But at least I have made a start. Hope you are feeling more with it after your busy weekend and sorry to read about Sam. That must be breaking you in two as I know how fond you are of him. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts