Just the two of us

Christmas Eve is always manic here.  This year it was more manic than usual.  I was busy trying to bake and finalise stuff and not getting everything done but it has given me ideas on how to get things better sorted than I did this year.  Planning and execution of items off the tick list are high on the list of priorities and no prevarication will be allowed.

We always end up doing a run around to family and I also had a trip to the graveyard in the dark to lay a Christmas fir ring for my parents.  OH let me go on my own (whilst he parked the car) and then came looking for me with Missy.  It is very dark and creepy on a normal day let alone in the dark but I managed to find it okay and remember them both for a few minutes in the day at least.  Never far from my thoughts.

Christmas  has for us been quiet and pleasant.  Christmas day was a little all to pot but with good reason.

I normally aim for dinner on Christmas Day for about 1:00pm to 1:30pm. However because of my fall and also my non-stop work in the lead up OH let me sleep yesterday.  Nothing was spoiling it was just the two of us and so we ended up having  a late Christmas lunch at 8:00pm. 



The cooking went to plan.  I made home made sage and onion stuffing, home made bread sauce, home made fresh cranberry clementine sauce, roast potatoes and parsnips, peas, Calabrese, brussels and carrots with lots of gravy and lots of pigs in blankets.  It was delicious followed by home made Christmas pudding and white rum sauce. 



Today I had planned to have Rib of Beef but we are saving that for Sunday dinner.  We have had a picky day and I am going to cook some mashed potato tomorrow and make some bubble and squeak.  There is still loads of Turkey left and other meats to boot.

I hope all of you have also had a special time and a peaceful family based one at that.

I would just like to say thank you for all your good wishes concerning my fall and the Christmas wishes themselves.  They are very much appreciated.  I am pleased to report that the bruising is coming out and the eye looks a lot better than it did all the way around although my eyebrow is a bit sore but for the best part that is the bruising coming out and things will only get better on that score.

OH is back to work tomorrow.  I have some work to do and would like to get to my sewing machine if I can so will do my best.

I now have a lot of planning to do for next year as well as a lot of making on all fronts.  I want everything done by the end of November.  That way if December is free then that will give scope for decorating the house, going out and enjoying festive events with friends and meeting up with friends.  It will also give scope for making anything last minute as well.

I have a new page a day Diary for next year.  There will be a lot to go in and also on to my computer diary so that they compliment each other and do not let me forget what I need to do when I need to do it.  Christmas can be an all year round state of mind and comes down to the planning and allowing time for execution.

I did not get any greenery up this year which grieved me but next year I will.  Even if it means sourcing bits and bobs early in the year and stashing them in readiness I am determined that this aspect will be rectified in the long term.  I had planned on doing some candle pots with some spruce and holly in but yet again did not get around to them either.  They make a very useful Christmas pressie addition.  Lots of thoughts and plans, dreams and ideas for the year to come.  In reality I know that all will not be realised but there is no harm in aiming for the sun and achieving the moon.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday however you choose to spend it and be happy wherever you are.

May I thank each and everyone of you for reading my blog, wafflings and dreams and for supporting me each and every step of the way.  I do appreciate it.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. So sorry to (belatedly) read about your fall. That looks very sore and I bet you have a black eye to boot. Do you have any Arnica? That's good for bruising, both the cream and the tablets.

    Being on your own, Christmas lunch doesn't have to be spot on at X o'clock. We don't have ours until about 5ish normally, though we ate early yesterday as Gabby and Danny were off home just after 4.

    I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas meal anyway, and all the best for 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, I am a lot better now than I was. I tripped in the kitchen fell on my knees and as I raised my head up hit the wall and then when I got up to full height head butted the wall. I had a bit of a headache. It is healing well and most of the bruising has come out the cut has also cleared a lot and I have popped some honey on to help with scarring and keeping clean. We had a nice relaxed although busy Christmas Day and we enjoyed our lunch. I am glad the children were home with you both. Makes it special. Wishing you all the best for 2019 too. Love to you all. Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Hope your eye is healing now and you are taking time to rest. It seems to me you from your blog that you always put others first so make next year be the year for you. We’ll compare notes on progress with our embroidery machines as I still haven’t got to grips with mine. I’m away back to my jigsaw now while it’s still light (ish).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Catriona. My eye is starting to heal nicely and most of the bruising has come out. Still a bit tender but that's what happens when you have a fight with a brick wall. I have taken things easy and OH let me lay in on Christmas Day so that I did specifically get some rest. Thank you for your good wishes and I wish you a really good and happy 2019 too. I am hoping in the next few days to have a go with the embroidery machine fingers crossed and toes plaited. Would be good to share notes. Hope its a really good jigsaw. We used to do a lot when I was younger and my mum always had one on the go. Take care and hugs. Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts