Deep in 32 Years

of accumulated items for sorting.  Yes I have started with a vengeance.  I am taking a few minutes out to post this being as I have not posted for a day or two.

Operation Back Bedroom is well under way.  The whole house has been turned into a disaster in the process but I have turfed out loads of rubbish and rehomed lots of items. This is going to be ongoing for at least a week or two the sorting etc. I had collected together a load of old jeans for turning into a rag rug.  Some of the bits are cut and in use but the others were taking up too much room so they are being sent to the recycling section at our tip.  There are also some old jars I had put to one side which are also going there.

Found loads of stuff and UFOs I had forgotten about.  Loads of stuff which has outlived its usefulness with us has been relocated to the Charity shop for them to make funds and for someone else to get some usefulness out of said items.  A scanner, fax phone, money sorter, old plant stands, chair, lots of machine knitting wool, ordinary wool, a bag of fabric scraps, some old part works no longer needed, clothes that are far too large for me now and lots of other items have also found there way there.  

I have also found loads of items which I can utilise in the house as well so it is turning very much into a positive experience and cathartic in so many other ways as well.

In the process of sorting I have found some of my Christmas decorations that I had been unable to find and they are all sorted now together so that I can find them next time.  Mind you am still finding loads more but as long as they are all roughly all together and can be easily accessible then that is the main thing.

I am also going to be having a good sort out on the magazine front at a later date.  I have craft, sewing, knitting and gardening magazines to sort through decide which ones I would like to keep and then pass on those cannot keep.  It is not that I don't want them but I have nowhere to keep them at present. 

I have also found material I bought to make some suits so it looks as though will be revisiting the dressmaking at a later stage too. Think there might be enough fabric to make trousers too!

I have also located the card table that came from my Nan's. It needs some TLC but at least the green baize is in reasonable condition. It is a collapsible one.  Have also found a load of games as well. I like to play board games at Christmas.  Family tradition Christmas and summer holidays when we used to be in the caravan.

One of my vintage 1930's pictures OH has cut it down to fit a pine frame I also had in house.  Am very pleased with how it has come up.  Compared to what it looked like with the frame it has really set it off.

I have plans for some further pieces to be so displayed.  I have bought several pine frames over the years and I have a stash of larger frames that some of my embroidered treasure collection will go into.  However I only had the one small sized one so will need to source three more of the same size and a larger one of 1930's embroideries to show them off to their best advantage.  I tend to buy pictures with nice frames for next to nothing and then just replace the pictures.  The three other embroidered pictures have frames but they are really grotty and need replacing the frames being too far gone to revamp.  Hopefully when I find suitable frames it will give them a new lease of life.

I have a very large beautiful crewel wool embroidered panel that I won on Ebay that came from the States.  I am going to get OH to sort that out next. I have a suitable Pine frame.  I may need to string it to a backboard before it is finalised.  Will confer with OH on this when it comes to sorting it out.  If it does need stringing then that will fall to me to do.  I may have to source some more backing board though as that I have in stock is not quite big enough although it is ginormous.

I still have not been able to locate my phone it is in the house somewhere - that somewhere being questionable at present. I use my phone camera to take most of my photos.

Right back to the millstone. 

Hopefully catch you soon and update what else have been up to.  

Catch you soon.  

Pattypan xx

Comments

  1. Good job!
    You have been busy!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, yes and loads more to do. Will keep me out or get me into more mischief!. Hoe you are keeping well. Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Isn’t it great when you really get into sorting out stuff. I made two cushion covers for our large moho cushions yesterday in an hour with the help of my overlocker. I was so pleased and that’s a metre of fabric used up from the stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catriona well done on getting the cushions sorted and from your stash pile too. I must admit I am finding all sorts of lovely bits and bobs and have once or twice got sidelined as I had forgotten I had some bits but all grist to the mill as they say. A lot of things have been bought with a purpose in mind small cogs in a bigger picture. Now back to the grind! Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. It seems as though sorting out is a never ending project. I have been through the house a couple of times this year. This morning whilst looking for some particular yarn i found a large bag of mixed yarns that I had somehow managed to overlook. It will be going off to a new home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, I think a lot of it is down to the fact that I have too many interests. I never really get bored as I have my beak in too many interests. My biggest problem is that I put off things and don't deal with them as and when I should and then end up in a bigger pickle than I should do. Oh well only me to blame xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts