What a lovely day

Sorry this is a quick nip in and out as I am out this evening - indeed very shortly.

Have had a fantastic day with my friend.  We had tea and cake and then went off to The Range and had a good mooch around there.  L had not been before and I think she quite enjoyed it.  They always seem to have something different there.

We then nipped into B & M.  Quite a lot cheaper than a lot of the supermarkets.  Dark Soy sauce 59p per bottle in B M - elsewhere £2 a bottle and it is a proper Chinese sauce as well.  Knorr stockpots £1 for a pack of four - £2.00 for four everywhere else.  Tinned salmon £2 a tin, Corned Beef £2 a tin.  Could really do with going in and having a proper shop but that is someway off. 

I nipped to get some onions as I had run out from the veg shop.  They have said that they are having difficulty in getting hold of cabbages, apparently they are going to whoever makes the highest bid and so I think I am going to freeze some cabbage and some other bits and bobs and also get some seed set as well in the warm towards the latter part of the month. 

We were talking generally about the price of food going up astronomically a sack of potatoes is currently £12.50 per bag.  I mentioned that I had been to B & M and they told me that a big three storey B & M has been opened at Spalding so that may be somewhere to go in a few weeks or so.  We shall see how things pan out.  Not meaning to scare anyone but it might be wise to pop up some veggies if you can. 

Right must dash.

Catch up later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. £12.50 for a sack of spuds? Blimey! We just buy them in small bags now as we don't use very many. I'll have to see what price they are at Abergwili. I see that buying fresh veg and freezing will be the order of the day if cabbages etc are in short supply.

    Glad you had such a good day out with your friend. When are you back to sewing next? I loved the designs for your Embroidery machine that you have been sharing on FB.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts