A Plethora of picture frames

Finding things I had forgotten about and have then re-found has been a major part of the sorting out the unit.  We are back there again at the weekend and then hopefully that will be an end to it.  Hopefully.

I have in the process found loads of picture frames that I had forgotten about.  I am very pleased about this as I have quite a lot of vintage embroidered pieces that need re-framing and hopefully I have enough to do quite a few of the pieces.  So this will be a work in progress as it were doing a piece at a time.  OH will help with the framing but I actually do all the sorting out and preparation and then the stringing.  

Some of the frames have had their glass broken but I am hoping that  will be easily sorted.  In particular I have a couple of decoupage pictures where the glass has become broken  and it needs restoring.  Everything was otherwise pristine with both pieces.  Some one had spent an awful lot of time and energy in creating these paper works of art.  I love both pictures and so will do my best to restore them to their original glory.






Now I just have to work my way through everything.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. The decoupage pictures are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lefting. I thought so too when I found them in the Local Charity shop. Close up they are a lot more detailed than they look. Just need some TLC. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. So are all these pictures now going to be hung in your home, or will you do what I do sometimes, and just have a change-around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, that is the plan as I have a whole raft of vintage pieces I have collected some of the frames they came in are pretty grotty so I am reframing a lot of them. I then intend to have them all displayed together - well that is the plan but they will be reloved and receive TLC piecemeal. I have enough pieces to have a change around. Might have to have a think on that one. Hope you are feeling a lot better now. Take care Tricia xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts