Hooked Line and sinker

I have recently discovered C J Sansom's Shardlake stories.  I have not read them in the correct order.  The first one I read was Sovereign.  I was that hooked on the story that I just could not put it down. OH was none too impressed as I become anti-social once I get my nose into a book; he gets no rhyme or reason out of me until the book is actually finished and then I am sad that the book has come to an end and elated to have read such a good story.  You have to escape real life regularly in my case.  Not that my life is not good its just that I need to recharge.  I either do this by listening to music or reading.

Today I had a mosey round the Charity shops and managed to pick up another one of the tomes.  This time Heartstone all for the costly sum of £1.50 and in very good condition.  To tell you the truth I went for a cup of tea in John Lewis and started reading it then.  Have continued reading for a little tonight and am having an early night to read a little more.  I suspect it might be a late night.  Will not be able to carry on reading during the day tomorrow as have things to do and we are seeing friends tomorrow evening.

Right am off to be anti-social.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts