Hot, Hot, Hot

......…..and no, I am not talking of chilli here as I don't do that hot, hot, hot either.

I have overslept this morning and so am not going into town as I had planned, well not just yet - may go a little later on but depends on the weather as I am unfortunately one of these people who has to be very careful in the sun as I get all sorts of problems if I am in it directly for too long, which is a bit of a difficulty really as I am vitamin D deficient and the Doctors advice is get out in it and top up.  Well there we are.  

If I do not go into town today may well go up on Monday in any event to get those last few items.

The weather is lovely, too hot, but lovely here this morning.  I have the upper windows open so there is a slight breeze going through the house and I have also popped the fan on for the dog and cats.  Gets very uncomfortable for them otherwise and of course they have free access to lots of water.

When we take Missy with us in the van I always have a bottle with an unusual attachment which turns it into a drinking container so we always have water with us for her.  We bought it from the Pets Warehouse in Peterborough was not expensive but it does the job nicely.  When we take her for a walk of the evening and she has depending on her mood been trotting around she gets thirsty so we top her up when we get back to the van.  Works well.  We don't like taking her out when it is as it is at the moment so she is better in the cool of the house. She won't like me for leaving her but common sense prevails when it is hot.

OH has found a new bakery and although he has been several times I never have so we are going to see what they have today.  I must say that I have never seen cream slices like them  - they are mahoosive and filled with a lovely raspberry jam.  The real treat though is crusty rolls.  These rolls are delicious.  We have been all over looking for the perfect rolls and thus far they have all disappointed.  These have lots of flavour just how they should be so no doubt we will get a few more of those today.  They are quite a way from us but near to where OH works so it is easier for him to go; however once I have an idea of what is what we will be able to order in advance and then go and collect.  You cannot beat a proper bakery.  Well I 

I think I am going to potter in the garden this afternoon and just enjoy living in the moment and doing stuff in preparation for another day.  It is an ideal day to set some more seeds but I have to do a little clearing first.  I also need some compost and so will ask OH while we are out if we can get some.

My new scales have also arrived so more on those a little later on.  They are quite unusual.

Right am off to get on.  My taxi arrives shortly to take me to the bakery.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts