Black Foot Tribe

This gardening lark is taking its toll on me.  I have been outside for the past fortnight in a pair of crocks and bare footed.  Trouble is at night I end up belonging to the Black Foot Tribe.  Bearing in mind that I had to be strapped up the other day after the issue with the piece of glass I have been aiming to keep my feet as clean as I can but I seem to be doing rather badly at it.  So liberal bowls of boiling water cooled down to bearable temperature and a good shot of Dettol has been the order of the day armed of course with my nail brush.  One cannot be too careful with cuts and what not especially where thorns are involved.

I was up early at 6:00am this morning.  We had a good breeze then and it was not so warm but up I got and out into the fresh air to continue on with trying to sort the garden.

We had a garden inspection this afternoon by the Landlord's Agent.  That is why I have been concentrating on the garden this past fortnight.  I am not totally happy but she was when she saw the photos of what my garden had looked like originally.  I am very ashamed about the state of the garden caused mostly last year by a bad spate of fatigue and jobs did not get done.  The same earlier this year as well when I had a lot of pain again.

The garden looked like this - like a jungle.  I will post up some after photos shortly once I am a little happier with what have achieved thus far.












I shall pop up photos of how it is now  another day.  I have hand cut all these brambles and weeds down myself over the past two weeks and it has been hard work.  This is phase one as there is another quarter of the garden to clear on top of this.  

The bonus to doing all this work is that it has reconnected me to the earth energy again.  It has been very hard work but I want to get as much done as I can to at least see the realisation of what I am after for the garden overall.  It may take a couple of further posts to reveal it all.  Where that big tree is at the bottom of the last picture used to be my cherry tree.  It was a Stella dwarf cherry which seems not to be so small.  There are two Ballerina apples either side and we have a crop of apples to come which is the bonus.  There appear to be a lot of apples.  The sad story is that the next door neighbour complained about it overhanging his garden but never said anything to me about it and that to his mind was causing a problem.  I came home to what you see and the Landlord never even contacted me to discuss.  Just went on the word of him next door.  The tree was producing over 40lb of cherries in a season and it is much missed. I may well buy another one.  

As I have said I found quite a few trees which I had thought I had lost in the undergrowth and these are to be repotted into bigger pots.  I aim to do a couple of plants a day.  I am also going to give them some feed.

It has been extremely warm here in Peterborough this afternoon.  After the inspection I went and just sat in the garden.  The sun was vicious and it was extremely hot.  I sat for a while though as it soothed my aching bones.  Then I set too and started riddling some compost I had used previously to mix in with some soil so I did a good couple of batches this afternoon in readiness to do some potting up in the cool of the evening.  I hope its cool.  I need to cool down a little bit.

So another busy day all told.  Still many more to come.  However I am having a day off on Wednesday to meet up with a friend and have a catch up with her.  I think I have earned that at the very least.  And maybe, a big maybe I might actually be able to do a little sewing too.  Fingers crossed.  I hope so.

Tomorrow will be another busy day in the garden.  Got to keep at it.  Might go and sow a few more seeds now.

Catch you soon.  Hope you are all bearing up in this very hot weather.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts