Far too warm

So we have as a family stayed indoors in the shade with the fans on.  I shall venture out into the garden when it cools a little more and we will take Missy for her constitutional then as well.  She does not do well in the heat either.

As it has been far too hot to cook OH dropped in to the Kentucky and came back with some lovely cold ice cream shakes with cherry in which were just what the Doctor ordered together with chicken, chips and beans and it has gone down well.  It has saved me cooking.

I have been on the computer again doing more research as well as having my books out.  I have also been drafting some posts for later on of stuff I want to have a go at.  However I want to show photos of what I have a go at together with comments on whether we like the recipe or not to share with everyone.  As I have no camera at the moment these posts will follow in natural course as I make them.  I want to get back to more traditional solid cooking that most of us grew up with and which will not.  I have only picked up four books so far from my extensive collection and I am finding loads of inspiration to cook on all fronts.  Not just with preserving, but meat main meal cooking, baking and pastries. I am also getting very interested in making my own Charcuterie. I have spoken of this before.  We have made Gravalax and streaky bacon before but I want to have a go at Salami, Pastrami and Corned Beef as well as Chorizo fresh and dried.  Some of the books I have been going through have come second-hand from the Charity shops.  I have had them a long while and have not had easy access to them and so I am making the most of going through them.

Right had better get a wriggle on.  Things to do between now and going to bed.

Catch up again soon.

Pattypan

x

P.S.  I have not long been round at my local Co-Op.  They have the sweetie tubs in for Christmas.  Two tubs for £9 or £5 each.  The year is moving on.

PP

Comments

Popular Posts