Happy Day

It has been a lovely day today.  I have been with my very good friend L today.  We had hoped to go to Stamford, but real life got in the way and she had to come into Peterborough.  We had a wander around before going back to her home for a while, getting something to eat (we had Sesame seed Bagels with smoked salmon and salad for dinner which was delicious) and then we went for a quick wander round the Antiques Centre before going back and having a good old chin wag and setting the world to rights before coming home.

I have really enjoyed it even though the day did not pan out as we had expected.

They had more lovely furniture pieces in the Antique Centre - most of them pine and although it was only a quick jaunt there were lots of lovely pieces to see.  We will probably go back another day.  The dresser which I saw the other week was still there and it is still talking to me together with a couple of other pieces.

Tonight for tea we have had OH Cod steaks and chips and ME Smoked haddock with a couple of poached eggs on top.  OH enjoyed his and mine was also lovely.  There were three medium sliced pieces in the pack a little too much for me on my own but lovely all the same.  I had bought a malted bread loaf from Aldi which is a lovely loaf nice thick slices and I did a couple with butter on to go with our tea each.  Very delicious.  We then had Strawberries and cream for afters.  All went down very nicely.

We also tried a bag of vegetable crisps which we will also buy again.

So thus far very impressed on the food we have had thus far.

Tomorrow we have roast chicken with all the trimmings and I shall use the carcass to make stock.  Should get two to three meals out of this as it is a larger chicken.

I should have been out with another friend tomorrow but unfortunately she cannot make it.  So I intend to get on with the house a bit more.

I need to make room in the dining room a bit more and clear some stuff out so I shall attempt to get that sorted tomorrow which will be another step off the long list I have of things to achieve.

The evenings are starting to draw in a bit.  At 9pm I noticed that it was totally dark.  How quickly we slip from one season to another at the moment.

Right had better get a wriggle on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Glad that you had a nice day out, and enjoyed yourself window-shopping at the antique centre. I have to say though, you need to go to auction to get furniture (anything really) much cheaper - the mark up at an antique centre will probably be 100% - more if something came cheaply on the day. Check out your local auction to get your eye in on prices.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts