Saturday Catch up

Its kind of been a lazy day for me today as I was not feeling 100% when I got up and so I have taken things easy despite planning not to.  My get up and go just ran out of fizzle and so I have listened to my body.  Tomorrow though I am kitchen bound.

Missy did not get walked first thing and I crashed out not getting up very early despite the best of intentions.  When OH came home we took Missy for her constitutional.  Bless the OH he came home with a crusty bun filled with ham and salad and a couple of cream cakes for me.  All of it was very nice.

As I mentioned last night, I had managed to pick up some bargains on the shopping front and tonight we have had the meat balls with spaghetti and plenty of tomato and garlic sauce with fresh basil picked out of the garden.  As per usual I managed to cook too much spaghetti but it has gone down well and was very tasty.

Tomorrow for dinner we have pork loin cutlets which are going to be roasted for a short while in the oven with some onion.  I also intend to do a little stuffing, mashed potato, roast potato, Savoy cabbage, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower with gravy. I shall cook extra on mashed potato and the cabbage and then we can have bubble and squeak as part of Monday night's tea. 

I also intend to make the Belvoir Orange Pudding which I think will finish the meal off nicely.  It is also a very good way of using up some left over bread.  More and more as I cook or make something especially on the preserves side I am looking for recipes to use up the item that I have made so that I get the full use out of the items I am squirrelling into the pantry.  Take for instance orange marmalade.  Sometimes at the end of a preserving year I end up not having used up all the marmalade but some of the recipes I have come across recently give that preserve legs and something else that is tasty for us to eat.  It helps expand my recipe repertoire as well.

When we walked Missy later this afternoon for her final constitutional of the day it was extremely rough.  In between us going at 12:30 and 5:00pm some of the limbs off trees have come adrift down where we walk her which is quite sad.  However considering the winds I think perhaps we have come off remarkably well in the circumstances.  Still it is sad to see.  The poor old trees have certainly been suffering the consequences today.

I have been to the veg shop and bought four oranges, two of which will be used for the Orange Belvoir pudding.  I also bought the Savoy cabbage and a bowl of lemons.  Not much today but enough for what I need.

There is another pudding which is a favourite here for which they will come in useful during the week.  I shall also post that up sometime in the next few days as it is easy to make and extremely yummy and just finishes a meal off very nicely.  That recipe is called Lemon Surprise.

Right am off to do a little crochet.

Keep warm and safe wherever you may be.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts