Been a busy couple of days

The past three days I have not had time to play and with watching and observing Agents in full flow it has been a strong learning curve.  I have not had time to get bored!  Time has really past rather swiftly. Which in a way is a good thing for me.

Today I was allowed to venture into and practice utilising the firm's software.  Best way to learn is to actually do it whilst being guided by your tutor so you remember what you need to do for each little bit.  Apparently will be doing that again tomorrow for a couple of sessions and then later into the week we will also be having conversations with the clients.  It is a strong learning curve but as I say I am enjoying it.  It is good to grow and learn something new.

Last night I was late to bed but did not manage to get onto the computer.  I am very slowly starting to figure out the logistics I need to put in place at home so that meals are covered and something in place to have or which has been cooking in the slow cooker or what I actually need to take with me to work.  I tend to travel with the kitchen sink but this needs filtering down a little bit for practicalities sake.  

I also am going food shopping at the weekend and intend to get some mince and make a chilli, lasagne and sauce for spaghetti Bolognese.  I am also after stewing meat for stew and also a couple of meat pies and a couple of chickens.  A chicken is good for a main meal, home made stir fry, chicken sarnies, or leftover chicken curry and of course stock for home made soups.  Once I get sorted a little more I also intend to can chicken and ham stock as I go along so that an impromptu soup can be pulled off the pantry shelf especially during the week as with a few different veggies you can end up with a very quick and easy home made soup to warm the cockles of your heart especially during the colder months.

The washing machine is on for its third cycle, playing catch up with this week's washing.  I am going to try and do a load daily so that it does not build up too quickly.  I am fortunate in that I have a lot of very nice clothes and I want to get them  organised a bit better than I have at the moment.  There is still some stuff destined for my cousin and the charity shop.  I tend to colour code my clothes as it makes it a lot easier when you are in a rush to match something or blend it in with something else.

Tomorrow evening I also want to start doing some more tidying (if I am up to it when I get in).  I am hoping to venture into the bedroom as I need to sort my work clothing and accessories out a little more than they are at present.  

I have some embroidered vintage cushion covers which have seen better days and which need the stitching reinforcing.  That is a relatively simple project in the greater scheme of things and with some cushion pads inserted they should sit very nicely in my rocking chair.  I have another rocking chair to revamp and that will need doing shortly.  I may then be able to get a set of recycled fabric cushions into that one as well. I have a thing about rocking chairs - it stems from my childhood and my uncle's oak rocking chair.   I used to be sat in it as a child and my little legs never did touch the ground but I used to love the soothing rocking of the chair.  Something that I still enjoy today.

Missy has been very pleased to see us of an evening.  I am not sure that she is totally pleased at being left on her own, but she is left with water and food and covered up.  Our little rascal likes to be buried in her soft blankets.  She is a creature of comfort.

Right am off to put the final wash in the machine for tonight.  Hope you all have a good evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. So glad things are going well for you and that you are enjoying your new job.
    You will soon get into a routine.
    Best wishes,
    Pam in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, thank you for your good wishes. Enjoying more than I thought I was going to. Slowly getting some strategic issues sorted out, and me travelling with less stuff to work (I take everything but the kitchen sink) on the basis that if I need anything it is easily to hand. Intend to have a real set too this coming weekend as I need to restore a little more order than there is at present. It has been a horrible evening here in Peterborough UK we have had rain (heavy rain) all evening and it truly is a damp September. Hope you are keeping well Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts