Christmas is making an appearance

Today I met another friend for lunch.  She is in the New Year about to retire and it had been hoped that the pair of us would be able to meet up more often than we have been able to.  However, we intend to keep in touch and maybe meet up of an evening due to the dictates of my new employment.

LJ is my oldest and one of my dearest friends.  Her Christmas present to me this year is taking me to see the Nutcracker Ballet down in London just before Christmas.  I am very much looking forward to it as I have never been to see a live Ballet performance.

After leaving her I went into town for a wander.  Ever so slowly the shops are starting to add Christmas bits and bobs.  I went into Wilkinsons today and had a wander round. I found some large storage boxes which I think will be ideal for storing some of the Christmas decorations in.  Yet again will have to wait until pay day. They are 90 litre boxes for £7 apiece. 

I also went into John Lewis.  Despite their drastic modernisation of the Peterborough store they still had some lovely foodie items on the third floor which I shall go back and have a look at.

I also went into M & S. One of the things that I always buy at Christmas is some of their bags of crumbly mints.  I noticed today that the bags they have instore have a long stop date of February 2020. They help with over indulgence of rich food!  I was more particularly drawn to the items in their freezer section today and shall come pay day go and have a look and get stocked up on a few things and create a freezer log so that I know what I do and do not have.

The other day when I nipped into B & M they had a double double box of After Eights for £4.99.  That is the equivalent of four ordinary sized boxes.  So in due course I shall start to add to the stash.

I am also looking for strong gift boxes that can be decoupaged and then given to the recipient with their gift in them. Tiger shop has some reasonable ones and I shall also start to add in a few of these as well.  I need to look for some tins though as well.

This evening for tea we have had chicken stir fry using up all sorts of odds and ends from the chicken and the veggies that I had in the fridge.  I am now very full. I have a scuttle full of chicken stock to make tomorrow. I intend to go foraging for a short while tomorrow in any event.

So slowly, Christmas is starting to make an appearance in the shops.  Now to start plotting and planning in amongst everything else that is going on.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts