Important documentation

One of the things I have decided to do when I get a little straighter is to scan and copy all of my important documentation for use in future years.  One of the problems I have is that I put documentation in a safe place which is usually to my mind pretty sensible and then things get moved around and I end up forgetting where I put it.  It seems to be a recurring theme at the moment.  My phone has gone the same way.  All I can say is that they are somewhere in the house.

As more and more things are being processed only by the Internet (as in the case of residents parking where we live) and the fact that you have to prove your status with official documentation if I save it all on the computer it will then be just a matter of pinging it over from the computer.

One of the things I was not aware of was the requirement to prove the right to work in this country by way of birth certificate or passport with a new employer.  I have had to make an emergency application today for a copy of my birth certificate on the grounds that I could not find my existing one.  That has cost me the sum of £35 as an expedited certificate and it should be with me tomorrow with the original being sent in the post. You have to contact the Registry where you were born as they hold local certificates with the main ones being held down in the Central Registry in London.  Once upon a time and on occasions still certificates were held at the local Church.  However during centralisation with local government a lot were transferred to the nearest Registry to them.  

I had to get in touch with Lincoln Registry which is administered by Lincoln County Council.  As I had a slightly different request I made some initial calls to find out what was required etc. before requesting the necessary certificate.  You can do it online as well but I chose to do it by phone due to the additional concerns I had.  They were marvellous and extremely helpful and everything was sorted relatively quickly.  Deep sense of relief afterwards.

Unfortunately I did not manage to get on the computer last night due to other demands on my time.

A little catch up post will be done a little later on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Perhaps make a note of where you put things for safe keeping and chain that to something immovable!!! I have lost things recently by bunging stuff in cupboards when we have a viewing. If I don't get them out straight away, I won't remember where they went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put things out of the way and when I go back for them they have grown legs and moved - not sure whether this is due to the OH or my nosey moggies. One of them in particular only has to look at something and it goes pique tongue! Even tried telling OH and then he forgets! There is no hope for us. However new birth certificate is in the computer room on my desk which I use day in day out! Hope you are tickety boo. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts