Starting Work

Well it happened.  I started work today and was there in plenty of time despite not having much sleep last night.

Most of today has involved induction procedures which are standard wherever you go and lots of signing off of documents.

Tomorrow the work really starts in our relevant department.  From what we understand there are about three weeks of training for us to get used to the systems and to the way of working.  I must say I have met a couple of really nice people today who will be doing the same job as me.

We are not allowed to have our mobile phones on our desks due to GDPR regulations, which is perhaps not a bad thing in the bigger scheme of things.

So I shall be returning tomorrow.

We have had a quick tea this evening, egg and bacon followed by some tinned fruit and cream.  I am tired, but it has gone down a treat.  Am just off to do a little bit of preparation in readiness for tomorrow.

OH has also prepared pack up for tomorrow as well.  So that is all done and dusted.

Must say that despite an early start, it is nice to be back working again.  One day out of the way with, quite a few  more to go.

Right off to finish preparing for tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your first day! Always the hardest as one doesn't usually even know where the restrooms are located! At this time in my life that's important! lol I read your blog everyday and enjoy it so much. Best of luck on this new adventure. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi P&P, thank you. Found the restrooms, have been provided with a locker (getting hold of one is like gold dust apparently), and found the canteen area. Slowly finding my way around. I am enjoying it and did not realise just how much I had missed work, despite the fact that I loved being at home. Needs must when the devil drives. Hope you are keeping well.Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Glad it went well! Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lefting, it is much more interesting that I thought it was going to be and there is a lot more to take on than first thought. However it will do me good and stretch the little grey cells (or lack of them). Hope you are keeping well too. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts