Dirty Day


It has been a dirty day here in Peterborough today.  It has not stopped raining and the temperature has dipped quite markedly.  A desperately orrible day.  Proper autumn weather.

Plus tonight we put the clocks back an hour!

I have been at work today and am now quite tired out - hence me not tackling the knitting tonight.  However it has been a productive day at work and I have been with a good bunch of fellow workers.  Six weeks ago I did not think that I would ever be where I am now with the work as there has been so much to take in.  However six weeks later on and I am further along the line although there is still a heck of learning to do and things constantly change on a day by day basis.

There seems to be all sorts of learning on all kind of fronts and some of it is a bit in your face for the normally cautious me, and in some cases I am learning to leap right in and have a go - contrary alien to my normal way of dealing with things.  So it is a learning curve on many different levels which is worrying me in some respects but I am going with it and trying not to prevaricate because things are moving faster than I am used to.  In the longer term I think it will do me good.

On Friday when we went to our Butcher to get chipolatas (which he did not have in any event and we ended up with sausages) we ended up buying a small belly pork joint with stuffing in and that is what we are having for dinner tomorrow together with mashed potatoes, roasted pumpkin, parsnip, shredded cabbage, cauliflower cheese, peas and carrots.

Yesterday I also bought a bag of shallots (I have more on the way for next week), my pumpkins, and maybe some more next week, onions, cooking apples (some for mincemeat) and some for bottled apples - will get more of these next week as well.  So there is quite a bit of movement going on in the kitchen as well.  I also need to make some of Pam Corbin's Souper mix for the pantry as well.  I also need cucumber, red cabbage and beetroot.

We had intended yesterday to sort the shed out and get it re-roofed.  Unfortunately it has done nothing but steam it down with rain for the past couple of days and so that has been potentially put off until next Saturday.  Hopefully it will be fine then as I need to get the freezers sorted out and the shed tidied and sorted out so that I can find everything.
As we are shopping from work on Monday, I am also when I get back from going out with my friend tomorrow going to put on a big stew which will hopefully see us good for two meals in the week.

Right must go have stuff to get ready for me going out tomorrow.  When I get home tomorrow I have to strip the fridge out and clean it in readiness for filling the fridge on Monday night.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts