In search of Pattypans

My user name for my blog i.e. Pattypan came from my given name of Patricia Anne (which I hasten to add I am only ever called when I am in complete dooh dooh! 

Someone when I was tiny called me Pat and I turned round and asked my mum who Pat was!  It is a name I never really associated myself with believe it or not.

When I was at school I was always called Pat or Patty despite protestations. My family and close friends have always called me Trish or Tricia), however for my blog it has been of use and gives me a whole alter ego!


However at the moment I am looking out for some more vintage Kitchenalia for use in the kitchen.  I am after some "pattypan" tins like the one I picked up from the East of England Antiques Fair for next to nothing.  I believe I am going to a small Antiques Fair at the weekend and so I shall continue to look there.  You never know quite what you are going to find. 

Especially as last weekend I found some lovely Kitchenalia at the Antiques Centre.  I am hoping that some of the items will still be available when I go back.

Will have to keep my eyes peeled as the saying goes as I really want some more of these vintage tins so that I can get a lot of the pastry baking out of the way with and into the freezer.  I also want to make cheese straws, vol au vents and other fancies made from puff pastry.  I also thought that I would have a go at some home made croissants and make a couple of batches and put them in the freezer uncooked.

So the latest mission is to look for Pattypans for part of my Christmas baking.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts