Out and about

In Stamford with my friend today. We went to the Antiques Centre at St Martins and we had lunch at No 14 St Mary's Hill.  See the link below.  We sat in the window and we had a very light lunch of salmon pate on toast served with sun dried tomatoes that were delicious.  Followed by a piece of cake each.  I love a pot of tea and this was a proper reasonably strong cuppa served in a little teapot with a tea diffuser in the top.



Could not fault lunch it was light but enough to satisfy you without feeling stuffed.  Just enough and oh so tasty.

It was cold when we went out and I had wrapped up in lots of layers.  We had gone to a small Vintage Fair at Stamford Arts Centre.  Not big but lots of lovely little stalls.  My friend bought me a little brooch of a cat looking through a window with a mouse sat outside of the window on the ledge.  A piece by Kenneth J Lane.

Whilst there I also stumbled upon some unusual preserve jars with clamps on them something like these but not quite the same.




These are not my images but I found this item for sale on Etsy.

I let my friend haggle for them.  She is an expert.  I bought six of these jars three with clamps three without for £1.00 apiece.  Didn't she do well!

Since getting home in the early afternoon, I have been look for some paperwork that seems to be evading me.  Last night I started clearing some stuff in my bedroom looking for it.  This afternoon it has led to some of the stuff in the dining room collapsing and I have had to sort that out but still have not located the paperwork.  It is late now and I still have not found it.  I have in the past hour managed to sort some loose Christmas glass baubles into a large tub for safety's sake.  I have a lot of precious ornaments which I do not want broken and I managed to break  a snow globe during the week which I was not happy about.  I will start again looking for the paperwork tomorrow night when I get in.

It was very cold again last night and I slung a big patchwork quilt on top of the bed.  That did the trick and warmed things up a bit.

I am waiting for a load of washing to finish so that it can then go into the dryer before getting myself snuggled down for the evening.  It is chilly again tonight.  Heating will go on next weekend.

Right had better get myself sorted for the morning.  I think it is another early start.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts