Rain Rain go away

It was lovely to come out of work this evening in the sunshine albeit very briefly however the locality has suffered badly from flooding.  The river is creeping up to the top of the bank and there are large sections of flooded riverbank. Orton Staunch is badly flooded too. When we have weather like this I always feel very sorry for the wildlife and the flooding really does disrupt everything.

It still feels as though we have more rain to come though and gradually the temperature is starting to drop of an evening as well and it has been very cold. The temperature has dropped again tonight. The heating will go on at the end of next week and I have a lot to do in a very short time.  Trouble is my time is more limited these days and everything appears to be rushed which is not my style at all. I like to prepare properly.  No peace for the wicked.  I just hope I did a good job of being wicked as it were!

I would just like to welcome all the new recent followers; welcome to Pattypan's scatty life. Make yourself comfy and grab that mug of tea or coffee.  You could be sat down for sometime.  You will be either bored rigid with my ramblings or find something that is useful (I hope for the latter) There is lots to trawl through going back some ten years or so covering a multitude of subjects but predominantly cooking and preserving based with a generous dousing of real life as well.  I am what I am, and make no excuses.  However I do love life, love people and do anything I can to encourage people to have a go at doing something new but always with a positive and loving vibe.

I am tired again tonight and it will not be long before I am wending my way to Bedfordshire.  It is a long week this week.  Up at 6:00am out of the house before 7:00am and not back home until about 5:45pm.  So it makes for a long day.  Am ready to nod off these days ever so easily.

This weekend am out with a friend on Sunday at this moment in time I believe it is a vintage fair in Stamford but plans could change.  I am out Saturday; and not this weekend (but the following weekend I am down to work Saturday again).  I therefore should have a day off during the week.

Right am off and upwards to Bedfordshire.

Take it easy everyone.  Catch up soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts