Whilst Mooching in Stamford

We had a good trawl around the charity shops.  Cancer Research had a lot of lovely new items in on Christmas decorations as did many of the others.  Here is the link for the Cancer Research website:


It is worth poking your head in to see what they have.  A lot of them are doing new items for sale in their Christmas ranges and they have a lovely selection.  I went into one of the charity shops and found a lovely wooden and painted advent calendar for £20.  Shall certainly look for that again next time we pay a visit.

We also nipped into M & S and they have their decorations out too.

I am afraid I am going more and more towards home made stuff much more unique and different although I cannot resist a decent set of glass baubles!

My mum when I was a little girl always had a ballerina with a golden crown with a yellow net dress which crowned the top of the tree.  She had silver card wings and was quite simple compared to those that are available today.  

This one here is very similar although I think this is a later model.  Ours certainly did not have the tinsel on or the bustiere top or the base stand.  However the pose was very much the same.  It was also a three quarters dress much more like a traditional ballerina's dress.  I thought I still had it as I had put it to one side but so far I have been unable to locate it.




Now that would be precious to locate now that so many loved ones are no longer here.  A proper link to childhood.

Did you have a fairy, an Angel or a Christmas star that topped your tree.

Love to hear from you.

Pattypan

x




Comments

  1. You've made me think of our tree when I was a child. Well, we didn't have a "tree" as such as finances didn't run to that, but mum would get a big piece of gorse or a branch from the Silver Birch in the garden, paint it with flour and water paste and then sprinkle glitter on it. We had little old-fashioned in clip-on candle holders which had tiny candles that you lit, and glass baubles, all of which of course got gradually broken down the years and replaced with modern ones. Our fairy wasn't very smart either - just a little plastic flower-fairy type lass with a net skirt. Lighting the candles was still special though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts