Sorry for being away and a little update

I have been away longer than I had anticipated.  After being unwell the last time and having had two fits it left me feeling decidedly fuzzy and not firing on all pistons.  I apologise for being selfish and taking some time out but it was decidedly needed.  In retrospect, I think part of that was down to the job I had started.  

To tell you the truth I was not sure that I was doing the right thing by accepting it in the first place but as I needed to work and we needed the pecuniary rewards I decided to give it a whirl.  Initially because it was something new I did enjoy it.  Unfortunately I did not get on particularly well with my Line Manager which did not help.  Who constantly told me to go to her if I needed to know something and yet when I did responded with irritation and treated me as an idiot.  That was off-putting to say the least as she was not friendly and slightly intimidating.  Not a very supportive Line Manager at all and if I asked anyone else for explanation or help she used to get really awkward and then tell me off for bothering them.  Not very approachable at all.

However that is of no importance anymore as I am not working now as I could not do right for wrong and I am pretty sure that being on a computer all day and then coming home and crashing out contributed to my last attacks.  

So there has been a need for me to restore my energy and sanity and to try and keep myself calm.  I shall look for another job shortly probably back in the legal field.  I have tried the something different.

I would just like to say thank you all for your kind comments they really were appreciated.  I am slowly getting back into the land of the living.  However I have had to go back to basics with my health.  Having the two attacks has worried me significantly.  I have therefore been resting, taking things easy and sleeping a lot.  I have also ha a whole host of issues to fire fight which has not helped at all.

I am a great believer in the belief that you heal when you sleep.  I also was spending a considerable amount of time on the computer at work, coming home having tea writing a quick post for the blog and nodding off.  Not good when you are light sensitive as I am.  Then frequently dropping off to sleep completely cream crackered. not doing three quarters of the things I normally did. 

I have never been one for falling asleep like this so something has had to change. Well quite a lot has changed.  I have been getting earlier nights as well. I have also changed my medicating routine as well which I think is helping me more than the previous regime.  It was time for an update in this respect. I am fortunate that I do not have the attacks every day and what seems to happen in practice is that I have what are known as break out attacks every two to three years. This is not good but I think is down to the way my system is wired.  It is not good as these attacks could potentially harm me even more as they leave me very vulnerable and very confused afterwards and sometimes it takes a while for me to regroup and regain my equilibrium.

During the rest period when I have not been sleeping and resting I have been having a go at some knitting.  I have knitted two little scarf shawls for wearing around my neck when I have my jeans on.  I was attracted by the wool for the first effort but it is very fine and the second one I have knitted in a double knit which has worked up a bit bigger.  I am trying to get to grips with my nemesis knitting.  I have also needed to keep my hands busy.

I also have a long scarf on the go in a lovely light turquoise colour.  I intend to make a hat and mittens to go with.

I seem to be on a colour journey at the moment as I also picked up some pretty coloured wool recently to have a go at a simple jumper. It is multi coloured and I love it.  I have started knitting the rib for the back of the jumper and once that is completed will work the rib for the other pieces so that I am ready to go with the actual knitting in one fair swoop. I have also added some more bamboo knitting needles to my stash as I find these needles very comfy to work with.   There is a lot of give in them.

I also have a baby blanket to crochet for a friend who is expecting her first child.  I have chosen a lemon and cream wool with which to work this.

I am painfully aware that I need to catch up with a lot of friends and I shall be in touch with you soon.  One of the many issues I have had is that I lost my phone with all my numbers in and I did not have a duplicate copy.  I have also not had access to the internet.  Hopefully that has now been sorted.

Just also to thank you all for your good wishes and love it has meant a lot. Heres wishing you all had a lovely Christmas.

Much love to you all.

Tricia x

Comments

  1. Sorry you've had a rough time. Fatigue is awful. Whilst my giving up work meant a drop in finances for us, I've felt less stressed and on the way to better health. It's good you can relax with the knitting. And never apologise for being "off blog" for a bit. Those who are bothered by that don't matter - and those who do matter aren't bothered. Rest, get well, and I hope 2020 brings unexpected joys and blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, it is the fatigue that is doing my head in. I am tired for no reason and just keep dropping off at the moment. May have to have a word with the GP if it goes on for too much longer. I need to bring some form of remuneration in as my OH bless him has borne the brunt of it in which I have been lucky. Very lucky and I feel privileged in that respect. I am a firm believer in that as one door closes another one always opens and it is often far better for you in the longer run. Keep well and safe Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to see you back! Take good care of yourself, and I hope you have a happy new year. All the best in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Lefting and hope it is a better one for you too. I am trying to get myself organised a bit more this year than was last so that all eventualities are covered. Well that is the plan now to get the execution right! keep safe Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. Nice to read from you again. Hope it is upwards from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, Happy New Year to you too. I am keeping my fingers crossed and toes plaited that things will go a little easier than they have been. You take care too Tricia x

      Delete
  4. Really glad to see this post Tricia. I hope that 2020 will be a good year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rowan. Hope this year is a good one for you too and the family. It is nice to be back as I have missed the blogging. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  5. Good to have you back. Look after yourself.
    Happy and Healthy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes Jennie. Hope it is a good one for you too. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  6. Tricia, so glad to hear you are on the mend. Happy New Year and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa, am getting there very slowly. Happy New Year to you and yours too. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  7. Lovely to have you back. Take good care. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2020. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Durham Jane, it is lovely to be back as have missed the blogging, but I needed to put my health first. Happy New Year to you and yours too. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  8. Happy to see an update.
    It is a shame about your
    Job not working out.
    You do not need that kind
    of stress day in day out.
    Glad you are getting some
    rest.
    Wishing you Brighter days ahead 🌻 x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona, Its nice to be back. My instinct told me not to take the job but my reality told me to give it a go. Needless to say I am steering clear of that kind of job. It is just not my thing. An experience and I have tried something new. Now to find something that really suits me. Hope this year is a good one for you too. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts