And Some more finds

This time not from a Charity shop but from Stamford Antiques Centre and the Antiques Centre in Market Deeping.  I fell extremely lucky.

Earlier in the week I had been browsing Ebay and was looking for the Holly and the Ivy Design of Portmerion pottery.  Before Christmas I had managed to find in the Local Charity shop a jug and basin in this design for next to nothing about £5 I think I paid which will be ideal for the rum sauce we serve with the Christmas pudding.  As it is an older design I decided to have a look and found one or two pieces.  I was just looking and have not bought any more of this design. 

Just mooching but under Portmerion came up the following item.  It was between £15 and £80 on Ebay as of Monday night.  There were several available.





Not thinking anymore about it as I have said went into Stamford Antiques and found exactly the same pot for £12.  It is immaculate so I quickly snaffled this and brought it home with me.  

Equally I found a Moira Bread Crock - the largest size which I intend to keep my bread flour in, in the pantry. I have several of these crocks and use them for storage of flours, sugar etc. in the bottom of my pantry.  The item below is a flour crock but it was the nearest I could find to show what it was like.



I did find a set of 12 fine French mongrammed table napkins which were gorgeous but at £100 that is well over my budget at the moment.  however they were lovely as well.

Then in the Market Deeping Antiques Centre I found a massive hand embroidered table cloth for £8.50.  It is pure cotton.  So I snaffled that as well.  Photo will have to wait on this one until I can find my phone.  Needless to say it is absolutely beautiful. The embroidery is gorgeous and it is what I call a full size banqueting cloth. I love embroidered items in any event.  When I initially spotted it I had thought it to be damaged and that I could use it up elsewhere. One of the long term projects I have in mind is to make up a summer bedspread from damaged embroidered linen where the embroidery is still intact but can be adjusted and fussy cut to resemble a crazy patchwork cover.  However the cloth is intact and so will be used for the table. 



Finally, I found 6 Portmerion Strawberry small coffee cups for £10 with their saucers.  I love the design.








All in all a very successful day and I am very pleased with my finds.

Now to dispose of some items to make room for them.  That is the new rule.  If I am upgrading on some items then I need to release some space for them.  That is going to be the difficult bit, but needs doing.

I have a batch of about 20 items which is going to the local Charity shop tomorrow so that is a start.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x





Comments

  1. Some lovely finds Tricia,

    I am clearing out a lot of things
    at the moment
    We took two bags to the Charity
    Shop yesterday and more now ready
    to go.

    It can be difficult letting things
    go sometimes.

    I love the flour container.

    It is good seeing you posting
    again and glad you are feeling
    brighter x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be something in the air...I have a car trunk full of donations to the local thrift store! I love the brown covered dish, what a great find!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts