Collecting Card Boxes, Baskets, Tubs, Containers for Christmas Hampers

Throughout the year I am going to look for suitable cartons, card boxes, baskets, tubs, and other containers that I can with a little crafting turn into suitable containers for Christmas Hampers or for gifts.  It will be an amalgamation of making new card boxes from card stock, upcycling items such as baskets and tins or small wicker hampers in which to display things.

I already have a large cardboard box that I intend to revamp which had some chocolates in together with a few wicker baskets.  So a good start has been made.  Now it is just a matter of collating the items into a box and adding to it every time I find something of interest or which I can turn into something else.

I shall also look out for small tins as well as these are ideal for presenting home made sweeties in.  I also want to look out for some tins which will hold a medium sized Christmas cake and pudding basins for Christmas puddings.  A lot of the time it is about having a mental list of items that you are looking for and if you spot something that you think would be useful or ideal.  Sometimes as well it is just about being in the right place at the right time.

As I have said before, I am going to get back to where I can this year making my Christmas presents where I can whether that be by means of crafting, crochet, sewing, patchwork etc.   I am aiming to make individual gifts and put some of me into the gift giving.  Time is an important element and it is one of the greatest gifts of giving that there is in my mind.  So taking the time out and making something special for someone speaks volumes.  It is not an easy way out but a considered action which creates a unique gift.

A lot of my friends do not bake or have the time to bake and so I am also considering making some baskets of fresh bakes or indeed pastry bakes or indeed other bakes instead.  A lot of pastry items can actually be made in bulk then frozen raw.  You can then cook them after bringing them out of the freezer.  This means that you can make as few or as many as you have time for and then decant them into the freezer; just cooking them in bulk when you have the need for them.

It will also be worth a visit to the £ shop.  I look for things such as disposable icing bags.  They can with a bit of creativity be turned into bags to hold different sweets and also decorated with some of those oddly free-moving googlie eyes; i.e. turn the front of the bag into a Reindeer's face or an Elf.  They can also be turned into containers for holding drinking chocolate, cocoa, white drinking chocolate, marshmallows, sherbet etc. So there is a lot you can do.

Also worth buying in are the decorated Christmas bags which are usually available from Lakeland, John Lewis or indeed Wilkinsons.

I am also considering using as I have done in previous years lots of items that I find in the countryside to decorate the packaging with and this will also be collected throughout the year as I go along and find things.  They could also be used to make Christmas decorations as gifts as well.

So a lot to do and look out for this year.  However, whether that is by revamping those items or upcycling/repurposing things you can save a lot of money in the long run and make something look good and totally individual when finished.

So throughout the year I shall be keeping my eyes peeled for useful items amongst other things.  Everything will have a purpose and a use though at the end of the day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts