Curry Goat

A package of frozen Goat meat has found its way home here to Pattypan's Kitchen.  A present from a work colleague of my OH.  He had tried some that his colleague had taken into work and has been saying how lovely it was and that he really enjoyed it.  I am reserving judgment at the moment.  There is a good reason for this in that I am not too good with too much chilli.  As it has now arrived had better do something with it although I am reserving judgment.

I have found a recipe (indeed this work colleague recommended this one to OH) which is here


The meat is currently defrosting and tomorrow I will start the process of marinating the meat for 24 hours.

As I have never had or made this before do any of you have any tips on how to get the best of it.

Kind regards.

Pattypan

x

Update:

The lad who obtained the goat meat for us told us marinade it first and then after cooking the goat meat to pop it into a slow cooker and let it cook for several hours (after frying it in a pan to caramelise it).  We were told to put a couple of teaspoons of mint sauce into the mix as well which we suitably did.



Comments

  1. The only time I have eaten goat was at a wedding in Crete but I seem to remember that it was roast there. We had drunk so much local wine and raki that memories are hazy! I will be interested to here how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, well the meal is in the lap of the gods. The goat is marinating and we will have it for tea on Friday. Must say it smells lovely. Sounds as though you had a really good wedding celebration. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for coming back to me. Tricia x

      Delete
  2. I don't get on with chilli at all, but I've been served curry goat more than once by West Indian friends. They've not made it too hot, and I've genuinely enjoyed it. All the other spices and ingredients bring so much flavour to the dish, I'd be inclined to cut right back on the chilies if you don't like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, thank you for coming back to me. Must say have got all the ingredients together and the Goat is now marinating. It smells lovely. We will have it for tea on Friday evening. We went very light on the ingredients especially the Scotch Bonnet just a couple of slices. OH's work colleague who gave him a taste of the Curry Goat has a rather unusual heritage in that his Granddad was West Indian. He also got the Goat for OH from the market in Peterborough for him. So am eager to see what it turns out like. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts