A little Hectic

The weather has been a little milder here today compared to what it has been and the sun was out for a little while, which I think always gives people more of a bounce and most of all warms the bones.

It has been a busy day here as I have started attacking the kitchen with some vigour. The Marigold gloves are on and there has been lots of scrubbing, but still a heck of a lot more to go. Progress is slow, but you can see where I have been which is a miracle in itself.  When I deep clean I tend to be pedantic and thorough making sure that everything is nice and clean.

OH cooked a fry up mid-day for us - we were going to have the steak pie for tea - however we have eaten too much so that is now designated for tomorrow night's tea.  We will probably have some soup of some kind mid-day tomorrow.  There is no point in stuffing ourselves silly and then not appreciating what we have to eat.

Whilst cleaning, I have had the radio on as background noise which I usually do when I am in the kitchen in any event.  I am a bit of a radio addict and whilst I am concentrating on what I am doing I can also lose myself whilst listening to the  music and think, and plot and plan.

My thoughts are already planning what I want to do at the end of the month with regard to organising things a little more.  Have to wait for pay day before can put a couple of things into action, but at least it will allow time to get things sorted a little more than they are at the moment.

I am hoping to get my citrus vinegar on the go again this evening, that is if I can locate the large jar I am looking for.  If not will start it off in a smaller one and then transfer when the original steeping jar is found.  If it is not in the house it is in the shed.  It is very good for cleaning the kitchen out in particular.

I am also interested in starting off a version of what is known as "Four Thieves Vinegar", (details and a recipe here) https://www.farmersalmanac.com/four-thieves-vinegar-35968 which apparently is how many people protected themselves from the plague.  However I need some Wormwood for that and will need to go to a garden centre to procure this.  Will also need some other bits and bobs as well.  The recipe I have is quite a bit different to the link I have included here.

I have been thinking of making some of this for sometime, especially as my immune system is reduced.  Thought it might help me with keeping away the bugs which I seem so readily to pick up from everyone else.  Thought it might be worth a go in any event.

Right I had better get on.  I have a bag of veggies to sort out for the freezer and some other stuff to do as well.  Not sure will make it back a little later, but will aim to.

First things first though, a nice cup of coffee I think.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan
x






Comments

  1. This was mentioned on a blog I visit the other day. She was making Fire Cider and gave a link. https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0LEV7pgadhX21IAmIpjmolQ;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?p=Cider+fire+rosemary+gladstar&tnr=21&vid=6a65843b7d61146a6aec6cdb3e95b84c&l=776&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOVP.V127db5f3dd8da9d2bcf6521810303353%26pid%3D15.1&sigi=12bvf6gfc&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJU8U0bDmXks&sigr=11b946mqe&tt=b&tit=Fire+Cider+Cold+and+Flu+Remedy%2C+by+Rosemary+Gladstar&sigt=11kg5onak&back=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3DCider%2Bfire%2Brosemary%2Bgladstar%26vm%3Dp%26type%3Dsearch_6%26hspart%3Dprodege%26hsimp%3Dyhs-prodege_001%26param1%3D8276393%26param2%3D362674%26param3%3D0%26param4%3D-1207678864%26fr%3Dyhs-prodege-prodege_001%26ei%3DUTF-8&sigb=16nm3ce5u&hspart=prodege&hsimp=yhs-prodege_001&vm=p&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9hd29ya2luZ3BhbnRyeS5ibG9nc3BvdC5jb20vc2VhcmNoP3E9Y2lkZXIrZmlyZQ&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACIOgkoTGVQbPuJVWAWq4GJ4vUylzflJvntZyn0mS0deSn7EYQ3q-iMVUZjbqsNSibkqzGszFTdCyIBFXsVF4lIvbKoO-QeiOyVuirJap39r_gbVo0Ai7P81Mi3btxMnfpUnu2JVckbcSAMAAKCV7RpgDleEC7WWrseLlccb0KZB&_guc_consent_skip=1580520226

    this will help build your immune system.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts