A little of what you fancy does you good

Every so often that is.

Yesterday I was treated to my first vegan meal at When Polly met Fergie in the Westgate Arcade in Peterborough.  To say I was a little worried was an understatement as I was not quite sure what to expect.  My friend and I shared a meal between us.   We started with their Macaroni cheese, which was completely different to any other Macaroni cheese I have had. It was pleasant and then we had their version of fish and chips, which basically is a banana blossom that has been marinated in different seasonings and then coated in a very lovely light Tempura style batter. Fleur De Mer is the name of the dish and it is served with Nori seasoned chips and home made Tartar sauce which was delicious.  Surprisingly once I got into it I actually enjoyed the meal (not that I am a vegan).  The other thing we noticed was that we had plenty to eat, but we felt really comfortable and not bloated after eating.

The sun has been out here today, but it has been cold and I think it is going to be a cold night as well.  Fortunately we are tucked up in the house.  I intend to do a little more crocheting later on to add to the squares for my blanket to keep my hands moving.  I am missing my boy; but the other four are keeping me engaged as they all have to have mummy cuddles through the day.

Inspired after yesterday's meal, today I was craving something healthy.  I have always loved Goat's cheese and today that is what I fancied.  I went and bought a Crotin of cheese and then spread it on a seeded wholemeal bread with honey and walnuts on the top.  It was delicious and I have really enjoyed it.  Later on I had pasta with some Garlic and herb Roule.  So simple delicious eating today which has gone down very nicely and has not been too heavy.  Once the herbs start growing in the garden I shall make fresh herb dressing to go all over it as an alternative way of serving.

I have plans to get back into cheesemaking again, but until the kitchen and the pantry are sorted there is no point in that at the moment.  With losing Demetri last week, it has kind of thrown me off centre for a few days.  Must get back into the swing of things and start to get matters sorted.

But tonight on with the crochet.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts