Just a few of the projects Part 1

I have been trawling through my photo albums recently and I was quite surprised at some of the projects I have dealt with over the years.  However they still need making up into their final pieces and this is where some of them have come to a stop, either due to lack of time, or I have not quite decided what backing fabric I am going to use etc. etc.  I thought it might be a good idea to create a photographic list and then as the items get completed show a then and now index.  Here are just a few of the things I have dealt with over the years some of which are to be worked, to be completed, or they are completed and I cannot decide on the finishing pieces to complement them.

The first item is a sampler that I have had on the go forever.  The original pattern came from a Prima magazine.  This really needs to go into the UFO box for completion.  I need to lay my hands on it first though.  It is for my bedroom.




The second item is a Christmas tree decoration.  Basically it is a polystyrene ball, which has been studded with pins and beads through a sequin.  There are a few more of these to go as well.  This one is in the decorations box but there are a few more to be worked yet.



The second bauble is a bought glass bauble which has been covered with a beadwork over-coat.  One of several beadwork decorations in the box. They do take some time to complete.  I need to be able to focus in peace and quiet when working these though as you really do need to concentrate on what you are doing.  They do look spectacular though.


Squares from an old UFO blanket.  The bulk of it is joined together it is the outer borders that need working.  Hopefully this one will be out of the way with soon.  I have bedding in these colours with cream, together with a vintage feather quilt in pale yellow satin.  They are for the spare single room in due course.  Another one for the UFO box.


Similarly a cotton bedspread which still has to be completed.  Purple and white flowers are to be popped into the middle eventually.  Just a simple blanket.



One of several lavender hearts being worked in fine petit point designated for the wardrobe to be hung from coat hangers in an attempt to keep moths at bay.



These next few pieces are some of my beadwork which is in my costume jewellery box.  Only simple in design but very effective.











A small petit-point cushion insert.  This is designed to go into a cushion cover for my front room.  Colours in all the panels must have pink, cream and green somewhere, be of a floral nature and be home made.  I want a completely individual home, with personal touches, and personal individual art pieces, eclectic china, and lots of needlework of different descriptions.  I want it to be pretty, practical and most of all my home a reflection of me which will hopefully make people feel comfortable and very much at home.  Or as I keep referring to it the dream home.  Cushion panels will all be made up at once so am concentrating on the panels for the time being.  Jury still out on which fabric I am going to use.  Have several options, all with the same colourways  This will be something that evolves.






This was a beginners needlepoint kit worked years ago.  As I have a passion for cats, this one will probably end up in one of my rocking chairs where I can make myself really comfy.  It reminds me of Squeak and Demetri.



Another cushion panel for the front room.  I have another three of these to do.  I like deep couches with plenty of comfy cushions.


A small Pansy Panel there is a further larger cushion panel further down this post.  Yet again to be made up.  Think a green velvet backing would look good on these panels.






Other half is fond of Ducks and this one is designated to be made into a cushion for him.



Some of my ribbonwork which will be turned into bedroom cushions.  They are a bit wrinkled just need pressing out and the cushion cover panels made.





This was my first needlepoint kit worked 40+ years ago,  It is for the small bedroom with it being yellow and will go well with the bedding and the items I have for this room.  Proper countryside theme.



This wreath was from a small kit bought one year from the Crafts for Christmas event at the NEC.  It is very dense polystyrene and you take small squares of lining fabric which has been cut with pinking shears and prod them into the base.  It lives in my bedroom.



This is an anemone kit worked in long stitch.  I am not sure whether to turn this into a cushion or put it into a picture frame as I had initially thought.


Noah's Ark cross stitch.  Designated for one of the spare rooms.  Needs a mount and framing.  Will source a second hand pine frame for this piece.



A needlepoint picture worked many years ago.  Needs stringing and a suitable frame and mount sourcing. The needlepoint is complete.



Faye Whittaker cross stitch Carousel.  I love her work and have loads of kits in the stash to work in due course.  Need also to get a new magnifying lamp for working the cross stitch and embroidery as my eyesight is not what it was.






A couple of Flower Fairies.  They need mounts and framing otherwise finished.





I have several pieces of long stitch work of scenes of the Lake District and Scotland.  They need suitable frames and mounts.Otherwise they are finished.






The above item is a long stitch humming bird.  I would like to find a box I can pop this into the top of as I quite like this panel.

A couple of cross stitch panels which are to be turned into cushion panels for my bedroom.  Together with a patchwork cushion cover worked in Laura Ashley vintage fabric.





A small country cross stitched scene


A cross stitch piece worked as a pot pourri bag.  Cross stitch is complete needs making up.


A patchwork centre panel for a cushion.  Still needs to be completed.


One of my crochet glass mats.  Six are worked there are another six to complete.


Another cross stitch panel.  Not sure what to do with this yet.



One of a set of two picture panel.



A little gift I made for my mum and when she passed it came home with me.


A vintage tablecloth I bought part worked.  I really love the pattern on this and I want to work some smaller pieces of embroidery to get back into the swing of things.  I do not want to ruin the beautiful work already completed.








A pre-bought completed embroidery.  This is due to be framed once OH has the time.  I have the frame but I do need to arrange for a suitable mount.



So there is a lot going on and uet a lot more to go on.  It will all be worth it in the long run though.  I know what I would like and I am determined as I can be to make that dream a reality.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Why not set yourself a target of finishing, completely (if they are already done and just need backing,framing etc) - an item a month. If you can't decide on what backing - just use inoffensive white or cream and then no decision needs to be made. Finishing one or two will spur you on to finish others. Such lovely pieces there Pattypan, crack on with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, I set off with good intentions and end up getting waylaid. The fabric is bought and is to hand, but as I am making it up as I go along i.e. making the covers up myself with remnants etc. want to sit and play and get the best fit. Will get there. Hope you are keeping well take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts