Out and About

It has been chilly here in Peterborough today and I have been out and about with a good friend who has not been very well of late.  Fortunately she is now on the mend.

We had intended to spend the day browsing around Stamford and had initially gone to the Antiques Centre.  However that plan became derailed and we ended up going to do something that needed to be done, and popping back to her home.  From there we went and had lunch and then onto the Market Deeping Antiques Centre.  There were several nice pieces both in Stamford and in Market Deeping.  There is a particular table I have my eye one.  It is carved detail on top and just a simple shape but it has been painted in a lovely turquoise colour.  In reality I have nowhere for it at the moment but it does not stop me hanging my nose over it.  There was also a very old little chest of drawers in vintage pine that had been used as a shop till many years ago in a shop that is no longer going.  However a very interesting little piece.  Would look lovely in my friend's home.  

However, for me today was more about spending quality time and catching up with my friend.  However, having a good look around both stores has given me some more ideas to play with in the future.

Since being home, I have been catching up on the internet downloading patterns for possible future projects so that I can access them readily when I come to do something.  I have found a pattern that I was looking for previously on the Prima All About You site for a snowflake knitted jumper.




The link is here: Snowflake Knitted Jumper

I have particularly been looking at things to make with some vintage linens I have already and have come up with some lovely ideas to try and use up left over fabric, old lace and trims, and vintage fabric.

I have also recovered my box with some felt decorations in, and I intend to try and get some of these finished a little at a time, by sitting for an hour or so at night.  



I have a couple of felt wreaths to work and will not be starting these until the other little bits are finished.  However, I want to make some patterns of the pieces as well for use at a future date, probably to make some further versions as small Christmas presents.  I will pop up a post showing what I have made once I get the UFOs sorted out a bit and before I commence the wreaths. These wreaths are for my own stash.

I also would quite like to have a go at knitting some of these Christmas stockings (also from the Prima All About You site).




Knitted Christmas Stocking

I apologise they are not my photos and use them just to show you what they look like and where the pattern is.  I think both projects are lovely and will be good practice pieces for my lack of knitting skills. I thought would share just in case there are some of you out there who would also like to have a go at making these.

This evening I have been wanting to get on with some projects but have been unable to.  When OH is back at work next week I intend to have a day all to myself just playing.

Tomorrow I will be getting stuck back in, with the kitchen again.

Whilst I have been out today OH has sorted out my dishwasher and put it back where it needed to be.  We had to take the worktop down between the washer and the dishwasher as part of the bracket was a bit iffy.  Fortunately it is now sorted.  That means I can get the dishwasher on.  The scrubbing brush will also be out again as will the Marigolds.  Today whilst out I saw a vintage pair of metal Marigold Glove holders which I was tempted to buy.  I had visions of these being on the windowsill with the gloves on to dry but with a fur trim all the way around the edge!

Right had better get my bits together and go and feed the cats otherwise I will never hear the last of it.

Catch up sometime tomorrow.

Take care.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts