Recycling Tins, Finding Old Tins (and how to clean them) and Something for the Tins

I cannot help myself but if I see a pretty tin or obtain a pretty tin I keep them in the hope that I can re-use or recycle them in one way or another.  A while back I bought a tin of French biscuits called Les Galettes de La Mere Poulard "Caramel au Beurre Sale". A very sweet caramel biscuit that you do not need many of at all. The tin is very colourful and I have it currently in my stash awaiting a home on the pantry shelf.  I am not quite decided on what is going into it at the moment, but I absolutely love the tin.



There are other tins designated for the pantry as well.  I had far more but got rid of some I was not so keen on but there are still a nice selection.  The majority will probably get used in the longer term for presenting sweets in or storing cakes in the pantry.

This Christmas just past, I bought a set of Christmas styled tins for the pantry, and specifically for use at Christmas.  I bought mine from TK Max.  They consisted of Tea, Coffee and Sugar tins and some cake storage tins.  I will pop up photos when I can pinch OHs phone and get a shot or two of them.

I am particularly interested though for Christmas this year in the Emma Bridgewater Winter Holly Berries patterned tins.  They will go well with the tins I bought at Christmas in any event.



I am also interested in vintage tin ware.  A while back I bought two tins that were not in a particularly good condition when I received them.  Unfortunately they further got damaged accidentally when a shelf collapsed and I ended up binning them.  I could have done with this tutorial then, but it is one to keep and use for the future I think. A Thrifty Mrs.  Any tins I buy or acquire tins is to use them and I want the tins in the best condition I can, but this tutorial is very helpful.




And the "Something for the Tins" element, I though that this would make a good heading for a series of baking related posts making sure that there was something in the tins for pack-ups, afternoon teas and for unexpected visitors.  Just like my Nan and my Mum used to do.  There are such a selection of lovely cakes. A separate post on this will follow later.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I have the blue version of the galettes tin. I think it is beautiful too. I buy large packs of teabags - and decant a week's worth into the kitchen caddy, and store the rest in my French tin, topping up the caddy weekly. They seem to keep fresher that way. I love tinware - my cookie
    cutters are all in a big round panetonne tin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love tins and think that TK Maxx has a lovely selection. Quite a few of my pantry tins have come from there. I recently bought as lovely cake storage tin from Boyes so I will look forward to your post on the best way to fill it! Love fluffy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts