The Second time around

It has been a cold day here in Peterborough and for the best part of the day I have been esconced in the pantry trying to sort it out.  I am making a list of what I have as I go along so that I do not end up duplicating stuff so that in effect has slowed me down a little.  I have also had a couple of pit stops with a warm mug of coffee.

Demetri has managed some more food today and drink. He actually came and sat on me today for a little while, which is the first time he has done that for about a week. I have popped a hot water bottle under a blanket he is laying on at the moment, and Mischief has cuddled up to him as well.  I shall refresh that for the pair of them before I go to bed.  He objects to being covered over, so have to try and keep them as warm as I can.  He has had some food earlier on but there will be a little more for him as well when I feed the others shortly.  I am doing what I can to make him comfy and to get him to eat.  

I have also been reading that cider vinegar in drinking water can also assist cats with their digestion and if they have any "bugs" so I may try that as well.  Will see how he goes.  I have also done a little further research into feeding elderly cats, although most of them say to continue with ordinary cat food, as I have said before he does not do "cat food" per se and it would appear that what I have tried so far is probably best for him.  All I can do is try but my animals are very precious to me.

We had our "Leftover Soup" for starters this evening which was delicious.  This was quickly followed by our second bout of Roast Beef, (No Yorkshires this time), cauliflower, steamed potatoes, carrots, cabbage, and kale with plenty of gravy.  That has gone down very nicely.  OH was particularly pleased and soon demolished a big plate full.

Right am off to potter, do the rounds, sort out the animals and get some stuff ready for OH for work tomorrow.  Back to the pantry shelves for me tomorrow morning.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts