Topping up the groceries

It has been a blustery chilly day here in Peterborough although the sun has been out for most of the day. It has been for the best part a laundry day here thus far washing and getting clothes dry for the coming week.

I nipped out for a little while to the shops.  OH had come home with some Italian sausage for a repeat of this cooked with roasted mixed vegetables.   It is fast becoming a favourite meal in this household. That will be for Sunday night tea in any event.  




However as I was low on veggies I needed to go and get stocked up.  I buy quite a few veggies but I do quite a bit with them.  I have bought today, courgettes, carrots, summer cabbage, parsnips, onions, turnip, swede, kale, squash, Calabrese, tomatoes.  I need to top up on potatoes and I also need some peas.  I needed a tray of eggs but they did not have any left so I am going to get a tray on Tuesday when the egg man pays a visit.  I already have bacon, and sausages inhouse.

With plenty of veggies you can always make soups, stews and have roasted veggies, or make quiche to make the food go as far as it can.  Quiche served  hot with chips and a little salad is always very tasty.  I like to keep topped up with veggies as you can do so much with them.

Yorge is in full flight.  It is bitterly cold out tonight and the wind is howling and blowing like a banshee.  Think it is going to be a noisy night.

Keep safe wherever you are

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts