A little crafting - Getting ready for embroidery

I keep looking at hand embroidered items.  I have a stash of embroidery threads so I do not necessarily have to buy any in.  A lot of projects have been worked on linen.  I have some new linen and some vintage linen.  However I have noticed that some people use calico.  I have a stash of this in the house as well.  This may prove very useful for some things I need to make for my bedroom in due course.

I have also been looking at lots of different embroidered pieces and I am seeing an awful lot of stuff would like to have a go at.  Some are available in the form of kits some are freelance pieces.  Sometimes no details are given so that you can go out and source that kit (where applicable).  Frustratingly, there are a lot of lovely pictures of embroidery which supposedly link to a kit which in fact lead nowhere.  Etsy is proving useful for buying PDFs for the print out pattern to create some of the designs.  Some designs are free the majority are not.  There is a proviso on the free kits that they be used only for your own use and that the pattern or items are not sold on to a third party.

Here is one of the freebies with a link to the pattern

https://youtu.be/6TZkuVhMX-g and 
https://youtu.be/-dorGebHxaQ

And here is a link to a beginners embroidery shopping bag with a sunflower pattern which is included in a separate link,

Tutorial for sunflower bag Sunflower bag tutorial

Sunflower Embroidered bag pdf for pattern

Equally stunning is the embroidery carried out by this lady.  It is absolutely so stunning Irina Polat embroidery  I think her work is absolutely exquisite.

So I am starting to slowly amass patterns and things that I need to have a go at these projects in due course.

I am looking to playing in the not too distant future.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You are buying MORE patterns?! I know they look so tempting, but looking at the photos you showed recently of your pile of things to make, you will be a while getting around to these new ones )

    ReplyDelete
  2. No not buying BB, these are freebies - getting a bit of a tight wad in my old age. I have found though on some of the freebies that they are only available for so often so I have been downloading them and saving them to go back to at some point in the future. I want a cheapie no cost one to get back into the embroidery as I have a lot of embroidery projects in the pipeline and some were showed in the to do list or UFO list. However as I am extremely rusty, I thought I would do a few small projects and then use them towards Christmas presents. We might be doing a bit of travelling soon where I may well be able to get quite a few of the outstanding items done as well as going to new places which will help. I do have to source a new freestanding crafting light though. Some PDFs will have to buy but that will be restricted. Once you have the pattern you can go to it at any time. The new way with some of the younger designers is that they will sell you a kit of a design they have created with everything you need. They also offer template in PDF form so that you can utilise what you have to hand. So hands firmly on the purse strings. I know it is going to take some time with the rest of it, but if I can go out into the countryside and visit places I have never been before and re-visit old ones and then have extra time for crafting I am going to take advantage of that where I can. What are you doing craftwise at the moment. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts